No Image

General Energy Discussion • Re: Electricity

January 3, 2018 John Galt 1 0

Halmic73 wrote:What is the electricity used for after SHTF? ?How about recharging the batteries for night vision and maintaining the battery powered perimeter alarms. I stopped using them because the deer keep tripping them but if we felt the nee…

No Image

General Energy Discussion • Re: Electricity

January 3, 2018 sageprice 0

I thought this forum was about electricity. On that pretense I will try to arrive on an understanding. You really do not need as much power as you are using now. Your total power draw should be in three areas. Lighting refrigeration and pumping. By st…

No Image

General Energy Discussion • Re: Electricity

January 3, 2018 John Galt 1 0

Ok, Apparently this thread is moving towards EMP effects. I have read numerous articles over the years, some I fully comprehended, others I only caught the gist of what they were saying. But it is generally agreed that solar panels sho…

No Image

A.N.T.S. • More About Amateur Radio and Licensing

January 3, 2018 Cadit 0

Hi All: hope all had a good Christmas and Happy New Year. I keep getting questions about: If I get a Ham licenses, want the government know who and where I am. The answer is yes, but who really cares. They don’t.Stop and think; We pay our bills, …

No Image

A.N.T.S. • More About Amateur Radio and Licensing

January 3, 2018 Cadit 0

Hi All: hope all had a good Christmas and Happy New Year. I keep getting questions about: If I get a Ham licenses, want the government know who and where I am. The answer is yes, but who really cares. They don’t.Stop and think; We pay our bills, …

No Image

General Energy Discussion • Re: Electricity

January 3, 2018 TRex2 0

JohnEE wrote:…The real question is how much voltage is induced on a conductor, when exposed to a pulse field strength of 10,000 W/cm^2, and a raise time of 100ns.Let me see if I can take a cut at this solution… stay tuned….JohnEEI hadn’t really …

No Image

General Energy Discussion • Re: Electricity

January 3, 2018 TRex2 0

JohnEE wrote:…The real question is how much voltage is induced on a conductor, when exposed to a pulse field strength of 10,000 W/cm^2, and a raise time of 100ns.Let me see if I can take a cut at this solution… stay tuned….JohnEEI hadn’t really …

No Image

A.N.T.S. • Re: Prepping With-out Comms

January 3, 2018 Cadit 0

Well; not so much money but there are some preps involved. But face it; Comms is like trying to have safe sex with out the condom. You live with fear. I want to know if there’s something headed my way so I can prepare to either stay or bug out. What g…

No Image

A.N.T.S. • Re: Prepping With-out Comms

January 3, 2018 Cadit 0

Well; not so much money but there are some preps involved. But face it; Comms is like trying to have safe sex with out the condom. You live with fear. I want to know if there’s something headed my way so I can prepare to either stay or bug out. What g…

No Image

A.N.T.S. • Re: Prepper Camp 2018

January 3, 2018 Cadit 0

Great to see interest in Prepper Camp. This year I think will be even better, but as John pointed out, you can go to Prepper Camp site at: http://www.preppercamp.com and check it out yourself and get tickets. I’m going again this year, I’ve already bo…

No Image

Food & Water • Re: storing coffee

January 3, 2018 Illini Warrior 0

found something interesting to add to the coffee roasting aspect of the long term coffee storage of green beans ….moldy oldy zombie posting from a decade ago – check out the modification of the popcorn popper – not even sure you could dig one of tho…

No Image

A.N.T.S. • Re: Ice storm

January 3, 2018 PatrioticStabilist 0

Sadly we are heading to New York, Friday or Saturday. I may head out Friday with DIL,DD, and grandson. It’s an all wheel drive GMC, so hope it will be ok. We will be loadeddown, I intend to have water, warm clothes, food. Would like to take 5 gall…

No Image

The food label and what it means!

January 3, 2018 gman 0

The food label and what it means!
Host: Lynna… “A Preppers Path” Audio player provided!
Food and the prepared life seems simple enough, however, there are so many varied aspects or aisles to travel down. There is the often first heard of, storage, how …

No Image

A.N.T.S. • Re: Ice storm

January 3, 2018 Illini Warrior 0

all kinds of talk from the wakened sheeple types that are thinking they’ll be finding emergency heating units to buy ….baaaaaaaa – sorry guys but that’s why we prep – we’ll be ready ….Statistics: Posted by Illini Warrior — Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:52 am

No Image

A.N.T.S. • Ice storm

January 3, 2018 founderant 0

Ice storm expected all along the east cost. Check your preps, make sure generators are ready for power outages.Statistics: Posted by founderant — Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:59 am

No Image

General Energy Discussion • Re: Electricity

January 3, 2018 JohnEE 0

Hey John,I think you might have gotten the idea of solar panels being fairly robust at the following link,https://www.backdoorsurvival.com/will-s … rvive-emp/I agree with George (the authors friend who provides the input) with much of what he says, …

No Image

Re: Please Help by posting forum errors here.

January 3, 2018 ReadyMom 0

woodchipper518 wrote:I have never had a reason to report anything. Site runs nicely for me.However, I sent to PMs this morning 1/2/18 and neither show up in my Sent nor Outbox folders. So I have not idea where or if they were sent.One was to you Nor…

No Image

General Energy Discussion • Re: Electricity

January 3, 2018 Halmic73 0

What is the electricity used for after SHTF? You could accomplish much of the work that electricity performs with wind and hydro but you are at the mercy of the source. Electricity is convenient and is available on demand and at great distances from i…

No Image

General Energy Discussion • Re: Electricity

January 3, 2018 JoyDog 0

John Galt 1 wrote:Jeff’s problem was that he was mildly schizophrenic. He had worked for the National Park service for 14 years and they provided uniforms (little clothing costs) and lodging including much of his food. Since he was so anti-…

No Image

General Energy Discussion • Re: Electricity

January 2, 2018 John Galt 1 0

JohnEE wrote:Hey John Galt,"Solar panels themselves are fairly resilient to EMP"Why do you say that? Isn’t the solar cell a photo PN junction? Thanks,JohnIt’s generally agreed by people who know more about EMP than me that the panels will su…

No Image

General Energy Discussion • Re: Electricity

January 2, 2018 John Galt 1 0

JohnEE wrote:Hey John Galt,"Solar panels themselves are fairly resilient to EMP"Why do you say that? Isn’t the solar cell a photo PN junction? Thanks,JohnIt’s generally agreed by people who know more about EMP than me that the panels will su…

No Image

General Energy Discussion • Re: Electricity

January 2, 2018 John Galt 1 0

Jeff’s problem was that he was mildly schizophrenic. He had worked for the National Park service for 14 years and they provided uniforms (little clothing costs) and lodging including much of his food. Since he was so anti-social he rarely w…

No Image

General Energy Discussion • Re: Electricity

January 2, 2018 John Galt 1 0

Jeff’s problem was that he was mildly schizophrenic. He had worked for the National Park service for 14 years and they provided uniforms (little clothing costs) and lodging including much of his food. Since he was so anti-social he rarely w…

No Image

Re: Please Help by posting forum errors here.

January 2, 2018 woodchipper518 0

I have never had a reason to report anything. Site runs nicely for me.However, I sent to PMs this morning 1/2/18 and neither show up in my Sent nor Outbox folders. So I have not idea where or if they were sent.One was to you North Idaho Patriot – re…

No Image

Re: Please Help by posting forum errors here.

January 2, 2018 woodchipper518 0

I have never had a reason to report anything. Site runs nicely for me.However, I sent to PMs this morning 1/2/18 and neither show up in my Sent nor Outbox folders. So I have not idea where or if they were sent.One was to you North Idaho Patriot – re…