No Picture

Terrorism & other Man made disasters • Re: EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions

April 26, 2017 Mollypup 0
air commando wrote:
I usually don’t worry too much about some of the stuff I read on here, there are bad things that happen all the time and a lot of it is just plain old shitty luck. In this case though, there is a lot of information out there to make me really worry and I think the kicker being that POTUS is bringing the entire Senate to the WH. It makes me think they have credible, critical intel on what’s really going on and that the Senate as a whole is going to have to stand together on what happens next. I’m afraid that next is going to be a conventional missile barrage aimed at NK and all of those Senators are going to have to explain to their constituents why we just bombed the poo poo out of NK.

I think you’re most likely right. Or perhaps he’s putting the question to them “do we let them hit us first? or do we jump the gun & strike before they have a chance?” The latter is an extremely iffy situation. NK may or may not have the capability of a major strike on the US. The reason lil fat man has been left alone is because no one believes his rantings are real. Hit him hard & bring him down only to find that it was all smoke & mirrors would be a major disaster for the US when our reputation is pretty much in the toilet already globally. Either option starts a global war most likely. We, to my knowledge, have not gotten definite answers that NKs allies will look the other way while we spank lil fat man. Allies aren’t just Russia & China but a host of other countries they have been providing weapons & technology to for years.

I’m worried because we have a mentally unstable psychopathic narcissist with zero diplomatic & military experience as our leader being guided by those that were left behind when the competent military leaders vacated spots in Obama’s admin,

NK is no real threat says many……..except:

NYC is conducting a drill for nuclear attack & I came online to see washington dc is also doing the same. Sounds like someone is taking NK rather seriously. (diplomats, money makers, & politicians all have to make certain they can get to those bunkers in time!)

Not a good situation. I’m not being kept awake by it at night but this has a strong chance to blow up in our faces, literally. :shakeno:

Statistics: Posted by Mollypup — Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:58 pm


No Picture

Terrorism & other Man made disasters • Re: EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions

April 26, 2017 air commando 0

I usually don’t worry too much about some of the stuff I read on here, there are bad things that happen all the time and a lot of it is just plain old shitty luck. In this case though, there is a lot of information out there to make me really worry and I think the kicker being that POTUS is bringing the entire Senate to the WH. It makes me think they have credible, critical intel on what’s really going on and that the Senate as a whole is going to have to stand together on what happens next. I’m afraid that next is going to be a conventional missile barrage aimed at NK and all of those Senators are going to have to explain to their constituents why we just bombed the poo poo out of NK.

Statistics: Posted by air commando — Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:01 pm


No Picture

Terrorism & other Man made disasters • Re: EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions

April 25, 2017 ajax727 0

It would be better if they cleaned their own house up in NK ,the people could revolt an end this . I would think that the people of NK know what would happen to there Country and population if the USA unleashed it’s non nuke hammer on them .
What the little fella has in his weapons bag is unknown nor how he could or will deliver it . He tested nukes they went bang so yes he has the bomb , the number unknown . What about gas and bio weapons ? This is a factor that is also unknown .

Statistics: Posted by ajax727 — Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:05 am


No Picture

Terrorism & other Man made disasters • Re: EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions

April 25, 2017 ajax727 0

It would be better if they cleaned their own house up in NK ,the people could revolt an end this . I would think that the people of NK know what would happen to there Country and population if the USA unleashed it’s non nuke hammer on them .
What the little fella has in his weapons bag is unknown nor how he could or will deliver it . He tested nukes they went bang so yes he has the bomb , the number unknown . What about gas and bio weapons ? This is a factor that is also unknown .

Statistics: Posted by ajax727 — Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:05 am


No Picture

Terrorism & other Man made disasters • Re: EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions

April 25, 2017 Illini Warrior 0
theoutback wrote:

rickdun wrote:

theoutback wrote:the big question is what will that crazy little fat kid do???

Outback, I was down at our local VFW, there’s a sign behind the bar, with his picture on it with a scope/cross hairs on his face
and it say’s :

“(LFDR) – LITTLE FAT DORM REFRIGERATOR”

:rofl:

It’s pretty interesting how this has become such a big topic world wide. It’s not just the US having a problem with this little porkball!

North Korea is a huge exporter of weapons to the highest bidder – no limits on who gets what …. they are responsible for a great number of the 1,000s of short & medium range missiles now aimed at Israel …. they are also cooperating with Iran on their nuke program …. on conventional criminal side they smuggle narcotics and counterfit US and British bills ….

when NK gets the long range ballistic missile developed – expect it to start showing up around the world …. and wouldn’t think twice about selling a nuke to any terrorist willing to pay ….

it’s wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy past the time that these guys got taken out – it’s now or face a mad man with nuke tipped missiles ….

Statistics: Posted by Illini Warrior — Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:53 pm


No Picture

Terrorism & other Man made disasters • Re: EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions

April 25, 2017 Illini Warrior 0
theoutback wrote:

rickdun wrote:

theoutback wrote:the big question is what will that crazy little fat kid do???

Outback, I was down at our local VFW, there’s a sign behind the bar, with his picture on it with a scope/cross hairs on his face
and it say’s :

“(LFDR) – LITTLE FAT DORM REFRIGERATOR”

:rofl:

It’s pretty interesting how this has become such a big topic world wide. It’s not just the US having a problem with this little porkball!

North Korea is a huge exporter of weapons to the highest bidder – no limits on who gets what …. they are responsible for a great number of the 1,000s of short & medium range missiles now aimed at Israel …. they are also cooperating with Iran on their nuke program …. on conventional criminal side they smuggle narcotics and counterfit US and British bills ….

when NK gets the long range ballistic missile developed – expect it to start showing up around the world …. and wouldn’t think twice about selling a nuke to any terrorist willing to pay ….

it’s wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy past the time that these guys got taken out – it’s now or face a mad man with nuke tipped missiles ….

Statistics: Posted by Illini Warrior — Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:53 pm


No Picture

Terrorism & other Man made disasters • Re: EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions

April 25, 2017 ReadyMom 0

A tiny detail from North Korea’s military parade may show how close it is to long-range nukes
http://www.businessinsider.com/north-ko … man-2017-4

A close review of photos from North Korea’s recent military parade shows that the Kim regime may be closer to building a functional nuclear missile that can threaten the US mainland than previously thought.

While some experts doubt that all the missile launcher tubes driving around Pyongyang really held missiles or posed a much of a threat, Michael Duitsman, a research associate at the Center for Nonproliferation Studies, warned of a small but troubling detail on one of the missiles.

In the picture below, on the right side of the missile, where the cylindrical section meets the nose, the fuselage appears to have been wrapped.
Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 8.30.47 PM.png

Here’s a closer look:
Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 8.33.01 PM.png

Duitsman told Business Insider in a phone interview that this may be wound filament-reinforced plastic, a very light alternative to metal that can withstand the incredible pressure of rocket motors. Tal Inbar, the head of the space research center at the Fisher Institute for Air and Space Strategic Studies, first pointed this out.

“Part of the parade is them showing us what they’re working on,” Duitsman said. “Not stuff that’s operational, but stuff they’re actively working on. They’re showing us their intentions.”

Duitsman said wound filament-reinforced plastic has up to 10 times the strength-to-density ratio of aluminum and could greatly reduce the weight of a missile.

Referring to the booster portion of the missile as a stage, Duitsman said, “The lighter the stage is, the less propellant you need and the more you can put on top of it.” In this case, a lighter missile could be used to carry a nuclear warhead.

While it seems like a small detail, Duitsman said that the Soviets and the US made similar breakthroughs when creating their ICBMs. Ultimately, if the North Koreans had advanced composite materials and plastics in this part of their missile design, it would mean they’re further along in their program than many experts suspect.

Though the North Koreans would still face problems in launching and steering the missile, Duitsman said they could begin testing an ICBM that could reach Washington in as little as two or three years.

Statistics: Posted by ReadyMom — Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:24 pm


No Picture

Terrorism & other Man made disasters • Re: EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions

April 25, 2017 ReadyMom 0

A nuclear-powered submarine is joining the USS Carl Vinson near North Korea as tensions flare
http://www.businessinsider.com/uss-mich … rea-2017-4

USS Michigan submarine us navy SEALs SEALs and divers from SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team (SDVT) 1 swim back to the guided-missile submarine USS Michigan (SSGN 727) during an exercise for certification on SEAL delivery vehicle operations in the southern Pacific Ocean. US Navy photo by Mass Communication Specialist 3rd Class Kristopher Kirsop

The USS Michigan, a nuclear-powered submarine armed with guided Tomahawk cruise missiles, will join the USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier off the Korean peninsula, UPI reports.

The Michigan, which is armed with more than 150 Tomahawks, should arrive in the area on Tuesday, the same day that North Korea will commemorate the 85th anniversary of the founding of its army. The Vinson is also expected to be in the area sometime this week.

Some North Korea watchers speculate that the Kim regime may use this occasion to test a nuclear device, which experts say they could do at any time.

North Korean media has already reacted harshly to the Vinson’s deployment, calling it “an extremely dangerous act by those who plan a nuclear war to invade,” adding that “what’s only laid for aggressors is dead bodies.”

The aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson transits the South China Sea while conducting flight operations on April 9, 2017. Z.A. Landers/Courtesy U.S. Navy/Handout via REUTERS The aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson transits the South China Sea Thomson Reuters

North Korea is the only country to have tested nuclear weapons in the 21st century, and such a step would be seen as a major provocation to US forces in the area and South Koreans, who have placed their military on high alert. North Korea fields a single, antiquated submarine, showed off an advanced submarine-launched ballistic missile at a recent military parade.

US President Donald Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping spoke on the phone about North Korea’s “continued belligerence” on Monday. The White House plans to host all members of the Senate for a briefing on North Korea on Wednesday.

Statistics: Posted by ReadyMom — Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:16 pm


No Picture

Terrorism & other Man made disasters • Re: EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions

April 25, 2017 ReadyMom 0

Is this so unusual … or is it just unusual because it’s the way Trump did this, which is usually ‘unusual’ :rolleyes: . . . :bored: -k

North Korea nuclear: White House calls Senate to briefing
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39694640

In an unusual move, the entire US Senate is being called to the White House for a briefing on North Korea.

Washington has become increasingly concerned at North Korean missile and nuclear tests and threats to its neighbours and the US.

The briefing, involving 100 senators as well as Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Defence Secretary James Mattis, is being held on Wednesday.

China, North Korea’s main ally, has called for restraint from all sides.

China’s call came in a phone conversation between President Xi Jinping and President Donald Trump on Sunday.

Mr Xi urged all parties to “maintain restraint and avoid actions that would increase tensions”, according to the Chinese foreign ministry.

Why Beijing should lead on North Korean crisis

For his part, Mr Trump said North Korea’s “continued belligerence” was destabilising the Korean peninsula.

White House officials regularly go to Congress to brief on national security matters, but it is unusual for the whole Senate to go to the White House.

Alongside Mr Tillerson and Gen Mattis will be National Intelligence Director Dan Coats and Gen Joseph Dunford, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Questioned by reporters at his regular briefing, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer referred further inquiries to the Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell.

Aides, quoted by Reuters, say the House of Representatives is seeking a similar briefing on North Korea.

Washington says a flotilla, led by the aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson, is expected to arrive off the peninsula within days, despite conflicting messages last week on its exact whereabouts.

Mr Trump has also told United Nations Security Council ambassadors, meeting at the White House, that the UN must be ready to impose new sanctions on North Korea.

The US is pursuing a multi-pronged strategy to make its point on North Korea, the BBC’s Gary O’Donoghue in Washington says.

First it wants the UN to tighten sanctions even further, and to ensure those in place are properly enforced.

Secondly, it is attempting to put fresh pressure on China to rein in its communist neighbour. The third aspect is the sending of an aircraft carrier to the Korean peninsula – making clear military action is an option.

North Korean rhetoric

North Korean state media said on Sunday the country’s forces were “combat-ready to sink” the Carl Vinson.

The ruling Workers’ Party newspaper Rodong Sinmun called the carrier a “gross animal”.

North Korea has promised to press ahead with missile tests despite Mr Trump’s warnings and experts say it may be preparing for another nuclear test, in defiance of UN resolutions.

However, a North Korean ballistic missile test on 16 April failed within seconds of launch, US experts said.

Washington is concerned that Pyongyang may develop the ability to place a nuclear bomb on a missile capable of reaching the US.

Beijing is worried about the possibility of all-out conflict on the peninsula, which could lead to the collapse of the North Korean regime under its mercurial leader Kim Jong-un.

China fears this could cause a sizeable refugee problem and lead to an American presence up to the Chinese border.

Timeline of recent tensions

    8 April: The US military orders a navy strike group to move towards the Korean peninsula
    11 April: North Korea says it will defend itself “by powerful force of arms”
    15 April: North Korea puts on a huge military parade – complete with missiles – to mark 105th birthday of the nation’s founding president, Kim Il-sung. Meanwhile US Vice-President Mike Pence arrives in South Korea
    16 April: North Korea conducts a rocket test, but it fails
    17 April: Senior North Korean official tells the BBC the country will continue to test missiles “weekly” and Mr Pence warns North Korea not to “test” Donald Trump
    18 April: It emerges the US Navy strike group was not heading towards North Korea when US officials suggested it was
    22 April: US Vice-President Mike Pence says the group will arrive off the Korean peninsula “within days”.
    23 April: North Korea says it is “ready to sink” the US aircraft carrier

Statistics: Posted by ReadyMom — Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:13 pm


No Picture

Terrorism & other Man made disasters • Re: EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions

April 24, 2017 theoutback 0
rickdun wrote:
If North Korea ever attacked a U.S. ship/military base, well, lets say there would be 24,384,000 chrispy critters left in North Korea.

The Corps had several sayings back in the day and are still used today,

kill ’em all and let god sort them out and you sacrifice a few to save a million. :shock:

I wonder of this would usher in the next world war, or would the rest of the world just basically say, “oh well”?

Statistics: Posted by theoutback — Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:05 am


No Picture

Terrorism & other Man made disasters • Re: EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions

April 23, 2017 ReadyMom 0

This little NK Lunatic is making an awful lot of noise, lately.

North Korea threatens to strike US aircraft carrier to show ‘military’s force’
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/04/23 … force.html

Published April 23, 2017 FoxNews.com

How will shows of force influence North Korea?

North Korea threatened Sunday to sink a U.S. aircraft carrier to demonstrate its military prowess as two Japanese Navy ships joined a U.S. strike group for exercises in the Philippine Sea.

“Our revolutionary forces are combat-ready to sink a U.S. nuclear powered aircraft carrier with a single strike,” according to North Korea’s ruling Workers’ Party’s newspaper, the Rodong Sinmum.

The paper also likened the USS Carl Vinson to a “gross animal” and said a strike on the carrier would be “an actual example to show our military’s force.”

President Trump ordered the USS Carl Vinson to sail to waters off the Korean Peninsula in response to the rising tensions over Pyongyang’s nuclear and missile tests and threats to attack the U.S. and its allies. Vice President Pence said Saturday that group would arrive “within days.”

The Vinson and two other U.S. warships were joined by two Japanese destroyers as they continued their journey north in the western Pacific Ocean, the U.S. Navy said in a statement. The U.S. group also includes a guided-missile cruiser and a guided-missile destroyer.

The aircraft carrier had canceled a scheduled visit to Australia to divert toward North Korea in a show of force, though it still conducted a curtailed training exercise with Australia before doing so.

The Navy called the exercise “routine” and said it is designed to improve combined maritime response and defense capabilities, as well as joint maneuvering proficiency.

The Vinson group has conducted three previous bilateral exercises with the Japanese Navy since leaving San Diego on Jan. 5 for a western Pacific deployment. The most recent one was in March.

Analysts believe that North Korea could be gearing up for its sixth nuclear test in wake of a failed missile launch and ahead of the 85th anniversary of the founding of the Korean People’s Army, which takes place Tuesday.

North Korea conducted two of its five nuclear tests last year and is believed to be working to develop nuclear-tipped missiles that could reach the mainland U.S.

Statistics: Posted by ReadyMom — Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:15 am


No Picture

Terrorism & other Man made disasters • Re: EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions

April 22, 2017 ReadyMom 0
rickdun wrote:
Reading the threat journal and it said not only China and Russia have beefed up their borders against North Korea, but now Japanese destroyers have joined with the USS Carl Vinson carrier group.

May be a show down coming soon.

I saw a couple of things on that, this morning. But since it looked like it was a drill/cooperative event, I didn’t post. But since you mentioned it:

Two Japanese destroyers depart for possible drill with U.S. carrier group: media
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2017- … 226646.htm

TOKYO, April 21 (Xinhua) — Two Japanese Maritime Self-Defense Force (MSDF) destroyers departed from Sasebo in Nagasaki Prefecture on Friday, local media reported.

The media quoted the Japanese Defense Ministry sources as saying the destroyers are likely to take part in a joint drill with the U.S. aircraft carrier Carl Vinson strike group.

The Carl Vinson strike group, which includes the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, two guided-missile destroyers and a cruiser, is reportedly heading to waters off the Korean Peninsula, according to local media.

The exact date and location of the exercise, however, remains unknown, according to latest reports.

Noting that Japan’s MSDF destroyers and the U.S. aircraft carrier conducted bilateral exercises twice in March, Kyodo News reported that the Japanese and U.S. governments have been considering another joint exercise amid concerns of heightening tensions on the Korean Peninsula.

Japan’s public broadcaster NHK reported that Japanese defense officials had yet to determine the details of the exercise, but said U.S. Defense Department officials said the carrier strike group is expected to enter the Sea of Japan early next week.

AND:

US supercarrier to arrive in Sea of Japan in days: Pence
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us- … Dc?ocid=sf

US supercarrier Carl Vinson will arrive in the Sea of Japan in days, Vice President Mike Pence said Saturday, on a visit to Australia aimed at mending fences following a testy first call between the countries’ leaders.

Pence sought to put to rest the surly telephone conversation between US President Donald Trump and Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull in January, which rattled a long-standing alliance between the two powers.

Trump reportedly exploded and cut short the call when he was told about a deal to move some refugees from Pacific island camps to America, which he branded “dumb”.

“The United States intends to honour the agreement,” Pence said Saturday, but added that it “doesnt mean we admire the agreement”.

The US commitment to take the refugees was “a reflection of the enormous importance of the historical alliance between the United States and Australia… whatever reservations the president may have about the details”, he said.

Turnbull thanked Pence for the “very important” commitment.

The Trump administration has also been trying to clear the waters after sending out confusing messages over the location of the Vinson carrier group that was supposedly steaming toward North Korea last week.

Tensions between the US and the North have soared recently following a drumbeat of missile tests and fears that Pyongyang may be readying a sixth nuclear test.

“Our expectation is that they will be in the Sea of Japan in position in a matter of days, before the end of this month,” Pence told reporters in Sydney.
“(What) the regime in North Korea should make no mistake about, is that the United States has the resources, the personnel and the presence in this region of the world to see to our interests and to see to the security of those interests and our allies,” he said.

The US Navy on April 8 said it was directing a naval strike group headed by the USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier to “sail north” from waters off Singapore, as a “prudent measure” to deter the hermit regime.

“We are sending an armada. Very powerful,” said President Donald Trump as other officials made it sound like the ships were steaming toward the region.

Pentagon chief Jim Mattis said the Vinson was “on her way up”.

But the Navy admitted Tuesday the ships were in fact sent in the opposite direction — away from Singapore and toward Australia to conduct drills with the Australian navy.

– ‘China can do more’ –

Pence and Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull on Saturday also praised China’s role in the Korean crisis but renewed calls for Beijing to use its “unique” position to bring Pyongyang to heel.

Beijing is Pyongyang’s only major ally and biggest trade partner, and has come under increasing pressure from the US to do more to rein in the North.

Turnbull voiced his own concerns earlier this month, saying China has an obligation to use its “enormous leverage” to bring the nuclear-armed state back from the brink, toughening Canberra’s position on the escalating crisis.

“The steps we’re seeing China take, in many ways unprecedented steps, bringing economic pressure to bear on North Korea are very welcome,” Pence said.

“We do believe China can do more,” he added.

Washington and her allies were working together “to encourage China to take those steps necessary to bring about a peaceable solution to achieve a nuclear free Korean peninsula.”

China’s “new engagement” was positive, Pence said.

“We continue to be hopeful and continue to have great confidence that we can finally after a generation achieve a peaceable solution.”

Pence said Wednesday that the United States would counter any North Korean attack with an “overwhelming and effective” response.

His comments came after senior North Korean official warned the regime had no intention of scaling down its missile programme, pledging weekly tests and threatening “all-out war” if the US took any action against it.

Trump’s deputy visited South Korea and Japan before Australia to reassure allies fretting over Pyongyang’s quickening missile programme.

Statistics: Posted by ReadyMom — Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:27 pm


No Picture

Terrorism & other Man made disasters • Re: EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions

April 22, 2017 ReadyMom 0
rickdun wrote:
Reading the threat journal and it said not only China and Russia have beefed up their borders against North Korea, but now Japanese destroyers have joined with the USS Carl Vinson carrier group.

May be a show down coming soon.

I saw a couple of things on that, this morning. But since it looked like it was a drill/cooperative event, I didn’t post. But since you mentioned it:

Two Japanese destroyers depart for possible drill with U.S. carrier group: media
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2017- … 226646.htm

TOKYO, April 21 (Xinhua) — Two Japanese Maritime Self-Defense Force (MSDF) destroyers departed from Sasebo in Nagasaki Prefecture on Friday, local media reported.

The media quoted the Japanese Defense Ministry sources as saying the destroyers are likely to take part in a joint drill with the U.S. aircraft carrier Carl Vinson strike group.

The Carl Vinson strike group, which includes the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, two guided-missile destroyers and a cruiser, is reportedly heading to waters off the Korean Peninsula, according to local media.

The exact date and location of the exercise, however, remains unknown, according to latest reports.

Noting that Japan’s MSDF destroyers and the U.S. aircraft carrier conducted bilateral exercises twice in March, Kyodo News reported that the Japanese and U.S. governments have been considering another joint exercise amid concerns of heightening tensions on the Korean Peninsula.

Japan’s public broadcaster NHK reported that Japanese defense officials had yet to determine the details of the exercise, but said U.S. Defense Department officials said the carrier strike group is expected to enter the Sea of Japan early next week.

AND:

US supercarrier to arrive in Sea of Japan in days: Pence
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us- … Dc?ocid=sf

US supercarrier Carl Vinson will arrive in the Sea of Japan in days, Vice President Mike Pence said Saturday, on a visit to Australia aimed at mending fences following a testy first call between the countries’ leaders.

Pence sought to put to rest the surly telephone conversation between US President Donald Trump and Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull in January, which rattled a long-standing alliance between the two powers.

Trump reportedly exploded and cut short the call when he was told about a deal to move some refugees from Pacific island camps to America, which he branded “dumb”.

“The United States intends to honour the agreement,” Pence said Saturday, but added that it “doesnt mean we admire the agreement”.

The US commitment to take the refugees was “a reflection of the enormous importance of the historical alliance between the United States and Australia… whatever reservations the president may have about the details”, he said.

Turnbull thanked Pence for the “very important” commitment.

The Trump administration has also been trying to clear the waters after sending out confusing messages over the location of the Vinson carrier group that was supposedly steaming toward North Korea last week.

Tensions between the US and the North have soared recently following a drumbeat of missile tests and fears that Pyongyang may be readying a sixth nuclear test.

“Our expectation is that they will be in the Sea of Japan in position in a matter of days, before the end of this month,” Pence told reporters in Sydney.
“(What) the regime in North Korea should make no mistake about, is that the United States has the resources, the personnel and the presence in this region of the world to see to our interests and to see to the security of those interests and our allies,” he said.

The US Navy on April 8 said it was directing a naval strike group headed by the USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier to “sail north” from waters off Singapore, as a “prudent measure” to deter the hermit regime.

“We are sending an armada. Very powerful,” said President Donald Trump as other officials made it sound like the ships were steaming toward the region.

Pentagon chief Jim Mattis said the Vinson was “on her way up”.

But the Navy admitted Tuesday the ships were in fact sent in the opposite direction — away from Singapore and toward Australia to conduct drills with the Australian navy.

– ‘China can do more’ –

Pence and Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull on Saturday also praised China’s role in the Korean crisis but renewed calls for Beijing to use its “unique” position to bring Pyongyang to heel.

Beijing is Pyongyang’s only major ally and biggest trade partner, and has come under increasing pressure from the US to do more to rein in the North.

Turnbull voiced his own concerns earlier this month, saying China has an obligation to use its “enormous leverage” to bring the nuclear-armed state back from the brink, toughening Canberra’s position on the escalating crisis.

“The steps we’re seeing China take, in many ways unprecedented steps, bringing economic pressure to bear on North Korea are very welcome,” Pence said.

“We do believe China can do more,” he added.

Washington and her allies were working together “to encourage China to take those steps necessary to bring about a peaceable solution to achieve a nuclear free Korean peninsula.”

China’s “new engagement” was positive, Pence said.

“We continue to be hopeful and continue to have great confidence that we can finally after a generation achieve a peaceable solution.”

Pence said Wednesday that the United States would counter any North Korean attack with an “overwhelming and effective” response.

His comments came after senior North Korean official warned the regime had no intention of scaling down its missile programme, pledging weekly tests and threatening “all-out war” if the US took any action against it.

Trump’s deputy visited South Korea and Japan before Australia to reassure allies fretting over Pyongyang’s quickening missile programme.

Statistics: Posted by ReadyMom — Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:27 pm


No Picture

Terrorism & other Man made disasters • Re: EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions

April 22, 2017 theoutback 0
rickdun wrote:

theoutback wrote:the big question is what will that crazy little fat kid do???

Outback, I was down at our local VFW, there’s a sign behind the bar, with his picture on it with a scope/cross hairs on his face
and it say’s :

“(LFDR) – LITTLE FAT DORM REFRIGERATOR”

:rofl:

It’s pretty interesting how this has become such a big topic world wide. It’s not just the US having a problem with this little porkball!

Statistics: Posted by theoutback — Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:54 pm


No Picture

Terrorism & other Man made disasters • Re: EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions

April 22, 2017 theoutback 0
rickdun wrote:

theoutback wrote:the big question is what will that crazy little fat kid do???

Outback, I was down at our local VFW, there’s a sign behind the bar, with his picture on it with a scope/cross hairs on his face
and it say’s :

“(LFDR) – LITTLE FAT DORM REFRIGERATOR”

:rofl:

It’s pretty interesting how this has become such a big topic world wide. It’s not just the US having a problem with this little porkball!

Statistics: Posted by theoutback — Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:54 pm


No Picture

Terrorism & other Man made disasters • Re: EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions

April 22, 2017 theoutback 0
3ADScout wrote:
China cut off oil/gas shipments to NK. This is now having an impacts as it was reported that there is starting to be shortages. Question is how will Kim react? If you think like a spoiled mentally unstable 3 year old with nuclear weapons you mind find the answer. :shock:

I wonder if this is a result from the talks the Chinese PM and Trump had? But you’re right, the big question is what will that crazy little fat kid do???

Statistics: Posted by theoutback — Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:11 pm


No Picture

Terrorism & other Man made disasters • Re: EMP-Korea Concerns & Discussions

April 22, 2017 theoutback 0
3ADScout wrote:
China cut off oil/gas shipments to NK. This is now having an impacts as it was reported that there is starting to be shortages. Question is how will Kim react? If you think like a spoiled mentally unstable 3 year old with nuclear weapons you mind find the answer. :shock:

I wonder if this is a result from the talks the Chinese PM and Trump had? But you’re right, the big question is what will that crazy little fat kid do???

Statistics: Posted by theoutback — Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:11 pm


No Picture

Terrorism & other Man made disasters • Re: If a Nuclear Bomb Hit NYC

April 20, 2017 Gunns 0
Photon Guy wrote:

contrarian wrote:Some puffery going on in the video. Generally speaking the circumference of the immediate kill zone for radiation, blast, and pressure are all about the same. The Circumference for 50% kill, 10% kill etc are also similar for the 3 killing variables. The vid much exaggerates the zones and conflates the 10% kill with certain kill.

That said, a sizable number of people would die and many more suffer but it wouldn’t mean the end of all of NYC and the “could cause chaos throughout the world possibly setting humanity back thousands of years” conclusion is frankly bull.

I’m far more concerned about an EMP and the long term impacts of recovering from that. But of course, I don’t live any where near NYC so I do have a rather cynical perspective on that.

It would depend on the size of the bomb. The bomb used as an example in the video is a B-83, the largest bomb that the USA currently has and its 1.2 megatons. At the height of the cold war the USSR had the Tsar bomb which is 100 megatons, thats 83.33 times the power of the B-83 so it would have a much greater blast radius and cause much more destruction over a much larger area.

As for causing chaos throughout the world, that wouldn’t be from the bomb but from the USA retaliating and the possibility of a full scale nuclear war accumulating.

Russia didn’t have 100 megaton bombs. They accidentally set one off in 1961. They had no idea what they were doing.

There largest deliverable weapon was 5 megatons. And those are very very old.

Statistics: Posted by Gunns — Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:04 am


No Picture

Terrorism & other Man made disasters • Re: If a Nuclear Bomb Hit NYC

April 20, 2017 Gunns 0
Photon Guy wrote:

contrarian wrote:Some puffery going on in the video. Generally speaking the circumference of the immediate kill zone for radiation, blast, and pressure are all about the same. The Circumference for 50% kill, 10% kill etc are also similar for the 3 killing variables. The vid much exaggerates the zones and conflates the 10% kill with certain kill.

That said, a sizable number of people would die and many more suffer but it wouldn’t mean the end of all of NYC and the “could cause chaos throughout the world possibly setting humanity back thousands of years” conclusion is frankly bull.

I’m far more concerned about an EMP and the long term impacts of recovering from that. But of course, I don’t live any where near NYC so I do have a rather cynical perspective on that.

It would depend on the size of the bomb. The bomb used as an example in the video is a B-83, the largest bomb that the USA currently has and its 1.2 megatons. At the height of the cold war the USSR had the Tsar bomb which is 100 megatons, thats 83.33 times the power of the B-83 so it would have a much greater blast radius and cause much more destruction over a much larger area.

As for causing chaos throughout the world, that wouldn’t be from the bomb but from the USA retaliating and the possibility of a full scale nuclear war accumulating.

Russia didn’t have 100 megaton bombs. They accidentally set one off in 1961. They had no idea what they were doing.

There largest deliverable weapon was 5 megatons. And those are very very old.

Statistics: Posted by Gunns — Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:04 am


No Picture

Terrorism & other Man made disasters • Re: 3 dead–Here we go again…Another sanctuary state attac

April 20, 2017 BK in KC 0
Blondie wrote:

BK in KC wrote:His name is Kori Ali Muhammad and he was yelling “Alahu Akbar”. I guess we’ll never know his true motivation. :rolleyes:

Yell whatever you want when you pull the trigger. Spend time livin & workin in da hood. They’s a lot of folks who are jailhouse converts to Islam. It helps to get paroled. Means nothing more to them than that.

The local Imam said dude was not a member of his mosque and the FBI isn’t treating this as terrorism.

Maybe jihad was his motivation, maybe not. The question is, do you trust the media to tell the truth?

Statistics: Posted by BK in KC — Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:07 pm


No Picture

Terrorism & other Man made disasters • Re: 3 dead–Here we go again…Another sanctuary state attac

April 20, 2017 BK in KC 0
Blondie wrote:

BK in KC wrote:His name is Kori Ali Muhammad and he was yelling “Alahu Akbar”. I guess we’ll never know his true motivation. :rolleyes:

Yell whatever you want when you pull the trigger. Spend time livin & workin in da hood. They’s a lot of folks who are jailhouse converts to Islam. It helps to get paroled. Means nothing more to them than that.

The local Imam said dude was not a member of his mosque and the FBI isn’t treating this as terrorism.

Maybe jihad was his motivation, maybe not. The question is, do you trust the media to tell the truth?

Statistics: Posted by BK in KC — Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:07 pm


No Picture

Terrorism & other Man made disasters • Re: 3 dead–Here we go again…Another sanctuary state attac

April 19, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0

My momma always told me CRAZY is as CRAZY does, sir…..

That aside, there really is no figuring out crazy…There is no logic behind the action to begin with so it CAN NOT be explained, but I was trying to ask a question that I must have not got across cleanly…

point being:

In an environment where crazy abounds(anywhere really) don’t you think the local habitat and social narrative of the moment actually will trigger this type of action?

Crazy is easily manipulated. A social narrative of the 99%’ers(we are suppressed and the system is unfair/its never your fault/blame everyone but yourself for life’s woes), followed by media manipulation and programming(Trump is a racist so if he wins elections the entire country is racist….remember were talking crazy here :crazy: ) followed with more media coverage of lone wolf attacks across the world(conditioning), followed by a declaration by local governments stating they will fight rule of law(if they’re doing it, that means its OK to break laws by example), followed by escalating anarchy again pushed by the media narrative(Berkley ring a bell?) which basically triggers CRAZY into action where as they might have just moved on thru life not harming someone else without all those triggers…….???

I’m not a psyche major or anything and am just thinking out loud here, but am I grasping at straws or do any of you see this as a result of our own actions of political correctness/Dem narrative for controlling the weak minded?

Muslim or not, it’s still terrorism….you could just call this particular one domestic racism terrorism lacking a different label

Things that make me go Hmmmmmmmm….. :whistling:

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:59 am


No Picture

Terrorism & other Man made disasters • Re: 3 dead–Here we go again…Another sanctuary state attac

April 19, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0

My momma always told me CRAZY is as CRAZY does, sir…..

That aside, there really is no figuring out crazy…There is no logic behind the action to begin with so it CAN NOT be explained, but I was trying to ask a question that I must have not got across cleanly…

point being:

In an environment where crazy abounds(anywhere really) don’t you think the local habitat and social narrative of the moment actually will trigger this type of action?

Crazy is easily manipulated. A social narrative of the 99%’ers(we are suppressed and the system is unfair/its never your fault/blame everyone but yourself for life’s woes), followed by media manipulation and programming(Trump is a racist so if he wins elections the entire country is racist….remember were talking crazy here :crazy: ) followed with more media coverage of lone wolf attacks across the world(conditioning), followed by a declaration by local governments stating they will fight rule of law(if they’re doing it, that means its OK to break laws by example), followed by escalating anarchy again pushed by the media narrative(Berkley ring a bell?) which basically triggers CRAZY into action where as they might have just moved on thru life not harming someone else without all those triggers…….???

I’m not a psyche major or anything and am just thinking out loud here, but am I grasping at straws or do any of you see this as a result of our own actions of political correctness/Dem narrative for controlling the weak minded?

Muslim or not, it’s still terrorism….you could just call this particular one domestic racism terrorism lacking a different label

Things that make me go Hmmmmmmmm….. :whistling:

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:59 am