No Image

Guns • Re: Ruger Adds Mark IV 22/45 Tactical and Competition

March 19, 2017 Dirk Williams 0

Hmm, very interesting. A threaded barrel is a huge step in the right direction. My earlier versions came with like 10 inch barrels. I had to purchase new uppers to have threaded barrels, which sucks, as my earlier pistols were off the books.

After the new upper, I had to register both, with the purchases.

I run a thunderbeast can on both. Very quiet, very accurate. With sub sonic ammo, these .22 pistols are truly quiet, mostly bolt slap, is what you hear.

Have to look into these new versions.

Thank you for the heads up.

Dirk

Statistics: Posted by Dirk Williams — Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:45 pm


No Image

Guns • Re: Colt Lays Off Employees, Company Rumored Gutted

March 14, 2017 Photon Guy 0
BK in KC wrote:

Photon Guy wrote:Bummer. Before we know it a Python from back in the day will be close to the cost of an M-16 from pre 1986. Too bad we have to suffer from Colt’s mistakes.

It’s a shame but Colt did it to themselves. Don’t ignore consumers because government contracts can be fickle. I think the best we can hope for is that Colt sells the rights to the Python name and design to a company like Cabot who are known for high quality custom craftsmanship. Of course they’d end up costing something like $3000 or more but the quality would be first-rate.

I agree that we might be best off if Colt sells the name and the blueprints to another company such as the one you mentioned, Cabot. $3000 isn’t all that much if you’re buying from Cabot, often their guns will go for four or five grand. As it is, a Python today will easily cost upwards of $3000 especially if its never been fired. I suppose Colt did not anticipate the TV series Walking Dead from which they would’ve made a ton of profit selling Pythons. After the movie Dirty Harry came out the Smith & Wesson 29 was in huge demand an there were lots of sales.

Statistics: Posted by Photon Guy — Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:00 pm


No Image

Guns • Re: Colt Lays Off Employees, Company Rumored Gutted

March 14, 2017 Photon Guy 0
BK in KC wrote:

Photon Guy wrote:Bummer. Before we know it a Python from back in the day will be close to the cost of an M-16 from pre 1986. Too bad we have to suffer from Colt’s mistakes.

It’s a shame but Colt did it to themselves. Don’t ignore consumers because government contracts can be fickle. I think the best we can hope for is that Colt sells the rights to the Python name and design to a company like Cabot who are known for high quality custom craftsmanship. Of course they’d end up costing something like $3000 or more but the quality would be first-rate.

I agree that we might be best off if Colt sells the name and the blueprints to another company such as the one you mentioned, Cabot. $3000 isn’t all that much if you’re buying from Cabot, often their guns will go for four or five grand. As it is, a Python today will easily cost upwards of $3000 especially if its never been fired. I suppose Colt did not anticipate the TV series Walking Dead from which they would’ve made a ton of profit selling Pythons. After the movie Dirty Harry came out the Smith & Wesson 29 was in huge demand an there were lots of sales.

Statistics: Posted by Photon Guy — Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:00 pm


No Image

Guns • Re: Colt Lays Off Employees, Company Rumored Gutted

March 14, 2017 BK in KC 0
Photon Guy wrote:
Bummer. Before we know it a Python from back in the day will be close to the cost of an M-16 from pre 1986. Too bad we have to suffer from Colt’s mistakes.

It’s a shame but Colt did it to themselves. Don’t ignore consumers because government contracts can be fickle. I think the best we can hope for is that Colt sells the rights to the Python name and design to a company like Cabot who are known for high quality custom craftsmanship. Of course they’d end up costing something like $3000 or more but the quality would be first-rate.

Statistics: Posted by BK in KC — Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:02 pm


No Image

Guns • Re: Colt Lays Off Employees, Company Rumored Gutted

March 14, 2017 BK in KC 0
Photon Guy wrote:
Bummer. Before we know it a Python from back in the day will be close to the cost of an M-16 from pre 1986. Too bad we have to suffer from Colt’s mistakes.

It’s a shame but Colt did it to themselves. Don’t ignore consumers because government contracts can be fickle. I think the best we can hope for is that Colt sells the rights to the Python name and design to a company like Cabot who are known for high quality custom craftsmanship. Of course they’d end up costing something like $3000 or more but the quality would be first-rate.

Statistics: Posted by BK in KC — Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:02 pm


No Image

Guns • Re: Colt Lays Off Employees, Company Rumored Gutted

March 14, 2017 Photon Guy 0
BK in KC wrote:

Photon Guy wrote:As for me Im a Ruger guy but I think that if Colt brought back the Python they would see a big increase in sales, especially with the hit TV series Walking Dead. I would definitely want to buy a Python.

Why Colt Will Never Build Another Python

And there will never be another Python. Oh, if Colt’s management were to pull their collective heads out of their collective fourth points of contact and realize the the company can’t survive on dwindling military contracts and civilian sales of their existing lineup, there might be a revolver with “Python” on the barrel. But it won’t be a real Python. And here’s why.

Colt pretty much bet their existence on selling the AR platform to the military. This isn’t a new strategy for the company that Sam built. Samuel Colt would pursue government contracts above all else, even if it meant passing up more lucrative civil sales. By the time of his death at the age of 47 in 1862, Colt was in a desperate state of affairs. Sam had spent lavishly wining and dining potential military clients in the US and abroad, and had let several crucial patents expire. Colt’s Manufacturing pulled themselves out of financial difficulty by selling guns to the US government during the Civil War.

….

In 2003, the Python and Anaconda were retired entirely. The master craftsmen who built the Python retired, or went to work on the Single Action Army Peacemaker. The Anaconda could be resurrected. It was a modern design based on a scaled up King Cobra frame and required minimal hand fitting. With modern CNC machining, a new Anaconda could be made even less labor intensive.

The Python, on the other hand, isn’t coming back. Despite its futuristic good looks, the Python, and the other I-frame guns it was based on, were from an earlier era, when technology was relatively expensive and labor was comparatively cheap. The Python hails from a time when every part was hand fitted to the gun and buffed to a high finish. Those skills are lost, the machinery that made the guns was scrapped and they aren’t coming back.

The article covers the downfall of Colt in detail, it’s worth reading in full. Bottom line: no more Pythons.

Bummer. Before we know it a Python from back in the day will be close to the cost of an M-16 from pre 1986. Too bad we have to suffer from Colt’s mistakes.

Statistics: Posted by Photon Guy — Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:17 pm


No Image

Guns • Re: Colt Lays Off Employees, Company Rumored Gutted

March 14, 2017 Photon Guy 0
BK in KC wrote:

Photon Guy wrote:As for me Im a Ruger guy but I think that if Colt brought back the Python they would see a big increase in sales, especially with the hit TV series Walking Dead. I would definitely want to buy a Python.

Why Colt Will Never Build Another Python

And there will never be another Python. Oh, if Colt’s management were to pull their collective heads out of their collective fourth points of contact and realize the the company can’t survive on dwindling military contracts and civilian sales of their existing lineup, there might be a revolver with “Python” on the barrel. But it won’t be a real Python. And here’s why.

Colt pretty much bet their existence on selling the AR platform to the military. This isn’t a new strategy for the company that Sam built. Samuel Colt would pursue government contracts above all else, even if it meant passing up more lucrative civil sales. By the time of his death at the age of 47 in 1862, Colt was in a desperate state of affairs. Sam had spent lavishly wining and dining potential military clients in the US and abroad, and had let several crucial patents expire. Colt’s Manufacturing pulled themselves out of financial difficulty by selling guns to the US government during the Civil War.

….

In 2003, the Python and Anaconda were retired entirely. The master craftsmen who built the Python retired, or went to work on the Single Action Army Peacemaker. The Anaconda could be resurrected. It was a modern design based on a scaled up King Cobra frame and required minimal hand fitting. With modern CNC machining, a new Anaconda could be made even less labor intensive.

The Python, on the other hand, isn’t coming back. Despite its futuristic good looks, the Python, and the other I-frame guns it was based on, were from an earlier era, when technology was relatively expensive and labor was comparatively cheap. The Python hails from a time when every part was hand fitted to the gun and buffed to a high finish. Those skills are lost, the machinery that made the guns was scrapped and they aren’t coming back.

The article covers the downfall of Colt in detail, it’s worth reading in full. Bottom line: no more Pythons.

Bummer. Before we know it a Python from back in the day will be close to the cost of an M-16 from pre 1986. Too bad we have to suffer from Colt’s mistakes.

Statistics: Posted by Photon Guy — Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:17 pm


No Image

Guns • Re: Colt Lays Off Employees, Company Rumored Gutted

March 14, 2017 BK in KC 0
Photon Guy wrote:
As for me Im a Ruger guy but I think that if Colt brought back the Python they would see a big increase in sales, especially with the hit TV series Walking Dead. I would definitely want to buy a Python.

Why Colt Will Never Build Another Python

And there will never be another Python. Oh, if Colt’s management were to pull their collective heads out of their collective fourth points of contact and realize the the company can’t survive on dwindling military contracts and civilian sales of their existing lineup, there might be a revolver with “Python” on the barrel. But it won’t be a real Python. And here’s why.

Colt pretty much bet their existence on selling the AR platform to the military. This isn’t a new strategy for the company that Sam built. Samuel Colt would pursue government contracts above all else, even if it meant passing up more lucrative civil sales. By the time of his death at the age of 47 in 1862, Colt was in a desperate state of affairs. Sam had spent lavishly wining and dining potential military clients in the US and abroad, and had let several crucial patents expire. Colt’s Manufacturing pulled themselves out of financial difficulty by selling guns to the US government during the Civil War.

….

In 2003, the Python and Anaconda were retired entirely. The master craftsmen who built the Python retired, or went to work on the Single Action Army Peacemaker. The Anaconda could be resurrected. It was a modern design based on a scaled up King Cobra frame and required minimal hand fitting. With modern CNC machining, a new Anaconda could be made even less labor intensive.

The Python, on the other hand, isn’t coming back. Despite its futuristic good looks, the Python, and the other I-frame guns it was based on, were from an earlier era, when technology was relatively expensive and labor was comparatively cheap. The Python hails from a time when every part was hand fitted to the gun and buffed to a high finish. Those skills are lost, the machinery that made the guns was scrapped and they aren’t coming back.

The article covers the downfall of Colt in detail, it’s worth reading in full. Bottom line: no more Pythons.

Statistics: Posted by BK in KC — Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:58 pm


No Image

Guns • Re: Colt Lays Off Employees, Company Rumored Gutted

March 14, 2017 BK in KC 0
Photon Guy wrote:
As for me Im a Ruger guy but I think that if Colt brought back the Python they would see a big increase in sales, especially with the hit TV series Walking Dead. I would definitely want to buy a Python.

Why Colt Will Never Build Another Python

And there will never be another Python. Oh, if Colt’s management were to pull their collective heads out of their collective fourth points of contact and realize the the company can’t survive on dwindling military contracts and civilian sales of their existing lineup, there might be a revolver with “Python” on the barrel. But it won’t be a real Python. And here’s why.

Colt pretty much bet their existence on selling the AR platform to the military. This isn’t a new strategy for the company that Sam built. Samuel Colt would pursue government contracts above all else, even if it meant passing up more lucrative civil sales. By the time of his death at the age of 47 in 1862, Colt was in a desperate state of affairs. Sam had spent lavishly wining and dining potential military clients in the US and abroad, and had let several crucial patents expire. Colt’s Manufacturing pulled themselves out of financial difficulty by selling guns to the US government during the Civil War.

….

In 2003, the Python and Anaconda were retired entirely. The master craftsmen who built the Python retired, or went to work on the Single Action Army Peacemaker. The Anaconda could be resurrected. It was a modern design based on a scaled up King Cobra frame and required minimal hand fitting. With modern CNC machining, a new Anaconda could be made even less labor intensive.

The Python, on the other hand, isn’t coming back. Despite its futuristic good looks, the Python, and the other I-frame guns it was based on, were from an earlier era, when technology was relatively expensive and labor was comparatively cheap. The Python hails from a time when every part was hand fitted to the gun and buffed to a high finish. Those skills are lost, the machinery that made the guns was scrapped and they aren’t coming back.

The article covers the downfall of Colt in detail, it’s worth reading in full. Bottom line: no more Pythons.

Statistics: Posted by BK in KC — Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:58 pm


No Image

Guns • Re: Colt Lays Off Employees, Company Rumored Gutted

March 14, 2017 Photon Guy 0
ajax727 wrote:
This is not good news at all but Colt is not the only company that is hurting now . Over the past eight years fear has driven the market gun sales have skyrocketed due to the threat of losing our right’s to own arms . With Trump as potus that threat has diminished and sales have bottomed out and orders have been cancelled . The information i have received is that several companies will be closing there doors due to sales bottoming out and orders being cancelled .

Well the good news is that we’ve got gun rights and we’ve got an extremely pro gun president. The bad news is that gun companies are not making the profit they made during the Obama administration when, as you said, the industry was being driven by the threat to gun rights.

The way I see it, we shouldn’t need our gun rights to be threatened in order to have good gun business. Heck, supposedly lots of the anti Trump liberals are now buying guns. We should promote the shooting and hunting sports. As for Colt, I’ve never had a Colt but I do know they’re a good company. It would be a shame if they went out of business. As for me Im a Ruger guy but I think that if Colt brought back the Python they would see a big increase in sales, especially with the hit TV series Walking Dead. I would definitely want to buy a Python.

Statistics: Posted by Photon Guy — Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:26 pm


No Image

Guns • Re: Colt Lays Off Employees, Company Rumored Gutted

March 14, 2017 Photon Guy 0
ajax727 wrote:
This is not good news at all but Colt is not the only company that is hurting now . Over the past eight years fear has driven the market gun sales have skyrocketed due to the threat of losing our right’s to own arms . With Trump as potus that threat has diminished and sales have bottomed out and orders have been cancelled . The information i have received is that several companies will be closing there doors due to sales bottoming out and orders being cancelled .

Well the good news is that we’ve got gun rights and we’ve got an extremely pro gun president. The bad news is that gun companies are not making the profit they made during the Obama administration when, as you said, the industry was being driven by the threat to gun rights.

The way I see it, we shouldn’t need our gun rights to be threatened in order to have good gun business. Heck, supposedly lots of the anti Trump liberals are now buying guns. We should promote the shooting and hunting sports. As for Colt, I’ve never had a Colt but I do know they’re a good company. It would be a shame if they went out of business. As for me Im a Ruger guy but I think that if Colt brought back the Python they would see a big increase in sales, especially with the hit TV series Walking Dead. I would definitely want to buy a Python.

Statistics: Posted by Photon Guy — Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:26 pm


No Image

Guns • Re: Misconceptions About Pistol Sights

March 12, 2017 ajax727 0
Norman11 wrote:
How many times have you picked up a strange gun or an old favorite and it felt right in your hand. or just the opposite it did not feel right . Pick some thing for a target as practice for an unloaded pistol. With out the pistol look at the target and point you index finger. Then try to hold it and see where your finger is pointed. Do the same holding the weapon and see if it the same.
That is instinctive aim. Use a bore sight and see how close you are to being on target. If you practice you will get better with the weapon the feels like it fits Olympians call it muscle memory. If you add that to a good front sight you might hit the target.

I agree when you pick any hand gun up it must have that feelgood feeling in the hand , you know like wow the feel and the balance .
I was taught to use the sights but also taught to draw and shoot . Like Normam said the index finger pointing method . When ammo was cheap i practiced this method a lot I’ve kill a lot of beer cans and a few trees just drawing and firing back in the 80’s .I also like the red dot just hold the dot on target and fire away . All my iron sights have glow in the dark paint on them lime green rear and white front it works great for me .

Statistics: Posted by ajax727 — Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:23 pm


No Image

Guns • Re: Misconceptions About Pistol Sights

March 11, 2017 Cast Iron 0
Major French wrote:

headhunter wrote:I didn’t want to leave my iron sights, I had just shot one of my best strings and took out 9 bowling pins in 6 seconds. The next shooter took out 9 in a little over 3 seconds using a red dot. Lasers are also quick and light and small. Fiber optics really help “old” eyes. Night sights are excellent. I was sold on “Big Dot” and a friend showed uo with Tru -Glo fiber optic and Trinium. My M&P presently has the factory Crimson -Trace and Tru-Glo. My revolvers almost all wear green fiber optic front sights (with the red,I feel there is to much of a halo). I will own up to having a 2X Leopold on my super accurate Ruger Competition. Not always is it well lit and bright. As far as BK in KC, some people dismiss thinking the bullet to the target- I won’t. The force be with you.

How well do night sights fare in daytime usage?

Tritium sights work the same as any three dot style sight in daylight.

Statistics: Posted by Cast Iron — Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:35 am


No Image

Guns • Re: Misconceptions About Pistol Sights

March 11, 2017 Major French 0
headhunter wrote:
I didn’t want to leave my iron sights, I had just shot one of my best strings and took out 9 bowling pins in 6 seconds. The next shooter took out 9 in a little over 3 seconds using a red dot. Lasers are also quick and light and small. Fiber optics really help “old” eyes. Night sights are excellent. I was sold on “Big Dot” and a friend showed uo with Tru -Glo fiber optic and Trinium. My M&P presently has the factory Crimson -Trace and Tru-Glo. My revolvers almost all wear green fiber optic front sights (with the red,I feel there is to much of a halo). I will own up to having a 2X Leopold on my super accurate Ruger Competition. Not always is it well lit and bright. As far as BK in KC, some people dismiss thinking the bullet to the target- I won’t. The force be with you.

How well do night sights fare in daytime usage?

Statistics: Posted by Major French — Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:44 am


No Image

Guns • Re: Who else has a Hipoint 995?

March 8, 2017 ajax727 0

I am happy with mine and i have two one in 9mm and the other in 40 cal. that we use the others have not been used they are locked up in the gun box ( spare parts if needed ) . i also have several mags for each . The reason i bought them is because i have hand guns that use the same rounds . They are part of the grab and go gun cases each case have one carbine , one hand gun several mags and boxes of rounds .
I will check out the new mags and thanks for the info .

Statistics: Posted by ajax727 — Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:12 am


No Image

Guns • Re: Who else has a Hipoint 995?

March 8, 2017 ajax727 0

I am happy with mine and i have two one in 9mm and the other in 40 cal. that we use the others have not been used they are locked up in the gun box ( spare parts if needed ) . i also have several mags for each . The reason i bought them is because i have hand guns that use the same rounds . They are part of the grab and go gun cases each case have one carbine , one hand gun several mags and boxes of rounds .
I will check out the new mags and thanks for the info .

Statistics: Posted by ajax727 — Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:12 am


No Image

Guns • Re: Who else has a Hipoint 995?

March 7, 2017 BK in KC 0

I hope so Ray, I love my ugly 4595 but the 8-shot capacity is big drawback. I bought it before I ever became a prepper for a gun to have at the range with and it exceeded my expectations from day one. I have other “battle rifles” but I wouldn’t hesitate to go to my Hi-Point if need be.

Statistics: Posted by BK in KC — Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:10 pm


No Image

Guns • Re: Colt Lays Off Employees, Company Rumored Gutted

March 6, 2017 ajax727 0

This is not good news at all but Colt is not the only company that is hurting now . Over the past eight years fear has driven the market gun sales have skyrocketed due to the threat of losing our right’s to own arms . With Trump as potus that threat has diminished and sales have bottomed out and orders have been cancelled . The information i have received is that several companies will be closing there doors due to sales bottoming out and orders being cancelled .

Statistics: Posted by ajax727 — Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:17 am


No Image

Guns • Re: 590 Shockwave

March 5, 2017 BK in KC 0

The guys at InRange have an excellent video of pistol grip vs. shoulder stock in a defensive shotgun. Forward to 5:44 for the actual testing if you’re in a hurry.

object

Statistics: Posted by BK in KC — Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:10 pm


No Image

Guns • Re: .50 Beowulf

March 5, 2017 orangetom1999 0
MrDanB wrote:
After much reading and the opinions expressed here… I’ve decided to wait until a little later this year. If I still want it in the fall, I will go all in with a rifle and a good amount of ammo. No ammo = an expensive club… Thanks for the thoughts on this guys!

Dan,

I’ve done the same thing …waited until the fever burned less hot. It was the case with this 41 Magnum revolver. I took my time and not let it burn all that hard into my conscience so to speak. Once I found out I could get brass locally …that is what got me going.

This one is a very unusual design in that the brass in that the case rim at the primer is smaller than the diameter of the case at the powder charge.

But no doubt about it being a freight train when you need just such close in effects/potential.

Yup …Yup!!! No ammo…just an expensive club. Quite correct!!

Thanks,
Orangetom

Statistics: Posted by orangetom1999 — Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:41 pm


No Image

Guns • Re: 590 Shockwave

March 5, 2017 3ADScout 0

I think this would be a nice wall hanger conversation piece, especially (as others have pointed out) you sprain your wrist shooting it once.

I thought the thread on barrel length was interesting too. So that thread begs the question – what is the optimum barrel length and load for defense?

Statistics: Posted by 3ADScout — Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:20 pm


No Image

Guns • Who else has a Hipoint 995?

March 5, 2017 RayMac1963 0

I know someone else besides me has one of these butt ugly planet of the apes guns, I just don’t remember who. Anyway in late night wanderings on the WWW i came across these guys. https://www.redballsports.net Apparently they made a 20 round mag that is actually approved by Hipoint and won’t void your lifetime warranty. Not the prettiest girl at the dance, but neither is the 995 sooo….

Anyway, i pulled the trigger on some.

Image

Statistics: Posted by RayMac1963 — Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:48 pm


No Image

Guns • Re: .50 Beowulf

March 5, 2017 MrDanB 0

After much reading and the opinions expressed here… I’ve decided to wait until a little later this year. If I still want it in the fall, I will go all in with a rifle and a good amount of ammo. No ammo = an expensive club… Thanks for the thoughts on this guys!

Statistics: Posted by MrDanB — Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:56 am


No Image

Guns • Re: 590 Shockwave

March 5, 2017 oldasrocks 0

Thanks 3ADScout, That was quite informative. I wonder if shot size changes the spread or just puts more lead in the circle.

It seems my KSG has a bigger muzzle flash that other 12 gauges but I don’t know why as it has a 18.5 inch barrel.

Statistics: Posted by oldasrocks — Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:42 pm


No Image

Guns • Re: 590 Shockwave

March 5, 2017 oldasrocks 0

I’d rather have a Super Shorty but that takes a A.O.L. license.

I don’t think Mossberg would handle the 12 gauge mini shells either.

Statistics: Posted by oldasrocks — Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:00 pm


No Image

Guns • Re: .50 Beowulf

March 4, 2017 orangetom1999 0

Exactly Dirk,

Was taking me back imto odd and unusual calibers, something I’ve been trying to get away from.

That was my concern in learning to roll my own for the 41 magnum…the end costs. But I found out I can get the brass locally at the BASS Pro and occasionally get a bag and put it away. Buy bullets in bulk…and also reload Hornady Hollow points and cast lead gas checks. Brass availability was the deciding factor for me here. I’ve put back about 1200 cases to date…Starline.

It is a type of freight train up close, the 41 Mag… but not like the .458…or the .50 Beowulf.

Costs are indeed a big factor…in these types of tools. But when you badly need the freight train….the costs are secondary or not at all.

I can understand why SF would want them close up and personal…for that very freight train effect.

Thanks,
Orangetom

Statistics: Posted by orangetom1999 — Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:03 pm


No Image

Guns • Re: 590 Shockwave

March 4, 2017 PrepperProperties 0

I’ll admit that the overall concept is appealing.
Watched some videos on the Shockwave, and it seems to lend itself better to the 12 gauge minishells (Aguila has a 1+” version).

Two different opinions from two different gun shops on the minishell ammo:
1) If fired at you, you can catch them and throw them back,
:gunshooting::sleep:
or
2) Plenty of power, but often don’t cycle reliably.
:thumbdown:

(Opinion #1 was obviously running on excessive testosterone. Opinion #2 didn’t give me confidence. I’ll wait for some more online reviews from real users.)

Statistics: Posted by PrepperProperties — Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:43 am


No Image

Guns • Re: Colt Lays Off Employees, Company Rumored Gutted

March 4, 2017 Cast Iron 0
BK in KC wrote:
BREAKING: Colt Lays Off Custom Shop Director, Other Employees, Company Rumored Gutted

Sad news, Colt has been struggling for years. They relied too much on military contracts and ignored their civilian customers and this is the result.

I recall a 60 Minutes article, I was still in high school, had to be over twenty years ago, of Barrett firearms.
The CEO said it was not DoD contracts that kept the company going but the civilian sales.

Statistics: Posted by Cast Iron — Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:42 am