No Picture

General Family Preparedness • Re: Libs Catch the Prepping Bug

January 25, 2017 PatrioticStabilist 0

Wonder what will happen at that Indian reservation when Trump pushes that pipeline through their reservation? Will he start killing them to get it done, can’t see how he is going to do it otherwise. It’s just going to take some off the wall thing like that to light the powder keg. But then he will say that we didn’t really see it, alternative facts you know.

If he would get off that damn twitter account things might not be so bad.

Statistics: Posted by PatrioticStabilist — Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:00 am


No Picture

General Family Preparedness • Re: Fair trade and Prepping

January 25, 2017 donba 0

Swamp I think you are wrong. As more people go back to work, things will change in some areas. Granted you will never change the older died in the wool libs. But the younger, will see the writing on the wall, as will the left leaning independent.

Statistics: Posted by donba — Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:52 am


General Family Preparedness • Re: Libs Catch the Prepping Bug

January 25, 2017 IceFire 0
RayMac1963 wrote:
The darn volume is just turned up way to high. Everyone should just calm down, put on their big boy pants, and work together. Nobody can talk or compromise because they are so busy yelling as loud as they can. Am I the only one that feels like reason has completely left the building…

No, Ray, you’re not. Reason left the building years ago. Everyone is so busy trying to find things to be offended by, screaming about those manufactured offenses, and infringing on other people’s rights so that they aren’t “offended” (Sorry, but the last time I looked at the Constitution, neither the right NOT to be offended, nor the right to force others to go against their religious or moral beliefs in order to accommodate one’s own particular “peculiarities” is listed there) that they can’t be bothered to stop their screaming, much less TRY to work together.

Statistics: Posted by IceFire — Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:38 pm


No Picture

General Family Preparedness • Re: Libs Catch the Prepping Bug

January 25, 2017 RayMac1963 0

I didn’t necessarily mean here Rick. But the radio call in shows amaze me. Its just both sad and funny watching people run to the end zones sometimes, when life really happens around the 50 yard line.

Regardless of what some numbskull son of an appointee says, we are not going back to women’s suffrage. But its true women get about 82 cents on he dollar to what men get, even if that same numbskull doesn’t know the fact. And the government probably shouldn’t be paying for abortions, but that doesn’t mean it should be outlawed. Sure cops stop and harass black men. why, they are programed to see an enemy and a suspect. But that doesn’t change the fact that its idiot a$$ Black men killing each other in Chicago like crazy giving cops good reason to jump to that conclusion. Is a 5 min LEO background check gonna stop any of us from buying that shiny new AR we want? No. Will it keep guns away from hardened criminals? no. But if you’re on the no fly list, I personally don’t want you buying 5.56 at my local Gander Mountain. Has Trump brought out the fringe wackos? of course. But they were quietly sitting in the same room with me when i worked for Bush 43 thinking the same thoughts anyway. Guess what, They are at the Democrat party meetings too.

The darn volume is just turned up way to high. Everyone should just calm down, put on their big boy pants, and work together. Nobody can talk or compromise because they are so busy yelling as loud as they can. Am I the only one that feels like reason has completely left the building…

Statistics: Posted by RayMac1963 — Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:51 pm


No Picture

General Family Preparedness • Re: Horse diapers

January 24, 2017 IceFire 0
Cast Iron wrote:
The ones I have seen in big cities, for carriage rides, there is a large leather bag, just behind and under the horses rump. Manure goes in the bag. Once full, the operator has to empty it.

They use the same ones for the horses and mules that pull the “stagecoaches” in Tombstone. Of course, a few “horse apples” DO miss the bags, but MOST of it is contained. Then again, the people who ride their horses into town DON’T have “diapers” on their horses, so you STILL need to watch your step (ESPECIALLY when you’re wearing long skirts–some with a slight “train”–and several layers of pettioats.)

Statistics: Posted by IceFire — Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:42 pm


No Picture

General Family Preparedness • Re: Libs Catch the Prepping Bug

January 24, 2017 rickdun 0
RayMac1963 wrote:

Cast Iron wrote:
A lot of fear is getting spread around out there. Seemingly normal, rational people have lost all objectivity, and logic.

Man does that sound familiar. How many times in the last 8 years have i heard Obama’s gonna take our guns and make us all live under Sharia law because he is a Muslim.

Ray, I’ll have to admit that I do live somewhat of a shelder life (at least that’s what my wife and kids tell me), but I never heard anything about living under O’bama’s sharia law or the people claiming he was Muslim, except on this forum and I may have agreed with that. I do believe he wanted to ban certain weapons and make it harder to get a weapon/ammo. I never saw/heard of any large protests after he was elected (either time) like DJT is getting it now and some of it is DJT’s own fault, but most is being pushed by the far left and the media and it’s going to be like this for the next four years. So, I’m one of them there Pennsylvania deplorable boys that’s clinging to his gun and religion.

Also, I’m an independent, I voted for O’Bama the first time but not the second time.

Statistics: Posted by rickdun — Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:25 pm


No Picture

General Family Preparedness • Re: Libs Catch the Prepping Bug

January 24, 2017 RayMac1963 0
Cast Iron wrote:
A lot of fear is getting spread around out there. Seemingly normal, rational people have lost all objectivity, and logic.

Man does that sound familiar. How many times in the last 8 years have i heard Obama’s gonna take our guns and make us all live under Sharia law because he is a Muslim.

Statistics: Posted by RayMac1963 — Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:18 pm


No Picture

General Family Preparedness • Re: I saw that Trump’s Cabinet’ net worth is = to a third of

January 24, 2017 RayMac1963 0
Gunns wrote:
The top 25% pays the majority and that wage is at $98,000. Top 10% which is still a vast majority of taxes is at $200,000.

So the poor really and majority of the middle class don’t contribute that much.

What is considered middle class? A couple both making 45k to 50k each is living, but they ain’t breaking down no bank doors.

Statistics: Posted by RayMac1963 — Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:13 pm


No Picture

General Family Preparedness • Re: Libs Catch the Prepping Bug

January 24, 2017 rickdun 0
Cast Iron wrote:
Or is the fuse already burning closer to the powder keg?

CI, the fuse was lit when DJT won the election, I just hope it burns slow and maybe go’s out, otherwise, I think you better stock up some more on food and ammo, especially in the cities and urban areas.

Statistics: Posted by rickdun — Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:21 pm


No Picture

General Family Preparedness • Re: Libs Catch the Prepping Bug

January 24, 2017 Cast Iron 0
PatrioticMom wrote:
I think they are prepping out of Fear. Many libs are freaking out like Trump is the next hitler, war monger ready to push the button.

This isn’t very nice of me, but I got a kick out of watching the snowflakes and media’s temper tantrums at first, but now we are seeing so much anger, hatred and rioting. I don’t know if this will die down or not especially with the media flaming the fires.

Many start prepping out of a fear of something. For some it will stick and for most it will pass when they calm down.

Patriotic Mom

Patriotic Mom,

That is what I am seeing.

A lot of fear is getting spread around out there. Seemingly normal, rational people have lost all objectivity, and logic.

As much as the MSM bashes the “alt-right,” of whom I am not a fan of, there is just as much “alt-left” spreading just as much hate, and vitriol, false information.

Where does it stop?

I have mentioned it before, I do in fact believe we are closer to some kind of civil war, social strife, revolution, call it what you will than we have been since the Civil War.

What will be the one match that sets off the fuse?

Or is the fuse already burning closer to the powder keg?

Statistics: Posted by Cast Iron — Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:28 pm


No Picture

General Family Preparedness • Re: Horse diapers

January 24, 2017 Cast Iron 0
rebnavy1862 wrote:

Gunns wrote:

Cast Iron wrote:The ones I have seen in big cities, for carriage rides, there is a large leather bag, just behind and under the horses rump. Manure goes in the bag. Once full, the operator has to empty it.

Mmmm, I need one of those.

Stick with your Dependz, Gunns.
Reb

Reb, you beat me to it. :lol:

Statistics: Posted by Cast Iron — Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:20 pm


No Picture

General Family Preparedness • Re: I saw that Trump’s Cabinet’ net worth is = to a third of

January 24, 2017 Gunns 0
Lance wrote:

RayMac1963 wrote:Yeah, but what did the top 2% pay? I bet ya dollars to doughnuts us middleclassers got F-ed over.

Adjusted Gross Income Share (Percentage)
Top 1% 39.48
Top 5% 59.97
Top 10% 70.88
Top 25% 86.78
Top 50% 97.25
Bottom 50% 2.75

The top 25% pays the majority and that wage is at $98,000. Top 10% which is still a vast majority of taxes is at $200,000.

So the poor really and majority of the middle class don’t contribute that much.

Statistics: Posted by Gunns — Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:55 pm


No Picture

General Family Preparedness • Re: Horse diapers

January 24, 2017 rebnavy1862 0
Gunns wrote:

Cast Iron wrote:The ones I have seen in big cities, for carriage rides, there is a large leather bag, just behind and under the horses rump. Manure goes in the bag. Once full, the operator has to empty it.

Mmmm, I need one of those.

Stick with your Dependz, Gunns.
Reb

Statistics: Posted by rebnavy1862 — Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:24 pm


No Picture

General Family Preparedness • Re: Horse diapers

January 24, 2017 Gunns 0
Cast Iron wrote:
The ones I have seen in big cities, for carriage rides, there is a large leather bag, just behind and under the horses rump. Manure goes in the bag. Once full, the operator has to empty it.

Mmmm, I need one of those.

Statistics: Posted by Gunns — Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:15 pm


No Picture

General Family Preparedness • Re: Libs Catch the Prepping Bug

January 24, 2017 PatrioticMom 0

I think they are prepping out of Fear. Many libs are freaking out like Trump is the next hitler, war monger ready to push the button.

This isn’t very nice of me, but I got a kick out of watching the snowflakes and media’s temper tantrums at first, but now we are seeing so much anger, hatred and rioting. I don’t know if this will die down or not especially with the media flaming the fires.

Many start prepping out of a fear of something. For some it will stick and for most it will pass when they calm down.

Patriotic Mom

Statistics: Posted by PatrioticMom — Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:55 am


No Picture

General Family Preparedness • Re: Fair trade and Prepping

January 24, 2017 whitebear54 0
daaswampman wrote:
It is a step in the right direction. Expecially knowing where everything is made, but until we can make a better product at a competitive price, we’re just passing gas! Most people including myself, will not buy second best or pay more, just because it is made in America. America has the ability to make the best products at the best prices! Anything less is just continuing the problem.

Then consider where it is made in America! Right now I would rather spend my dollars on something made in Mexico, than certain blue states! Our real enemies are within our own boarders! Swamp

While I agree with most of what you are saying (especially the bit about making a better product at a competitive price) I would not rather buy products made in Mexico than in certain blue states. The people in those blue states who are working in the manufacturing sector are the same people who turned some of those blue states red in this past election. In many blue states the only reason the state goes blue is because some big city in that state is blue and has more population than the entire rest of the state combined. Nevada and Colorado are two good examples. As Las Vegas and Denver go, so goes their States. Too bad each State doesn’t have it’s own electoral college system to provide representation for rural counties.

Also, even though many of the made in America products I buy are of superior quality and cost LESS than their foreign made counterparts, I don’t mind paying a bit more for products that are made here. I find most any American made product is of superior quality to those made in China.

Statistics: Posted by whitebear54 — Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:28 am


No Picture

General Family Preparedness • Re: Horse diapers

January 24, 2017 ajax727 0

spill kits for sale , contains one plastic glove , one used WallY World bag and one twist tie . $29.95 plus shipping rush orders add $17.98.add barrier tape bio hazard printed on both sides $39.95 one 50 feet role .
Changing kits for sale , contains three paper towels , one plastic glove , one garbage bag and a 6oz tube of ointment up grade to (12 oz tube of ointment for just $26 .98 ) .$69.95 plus shipping add $12.95 for rush orders .
Orders inquires call AWT INC . A Wiped Tail In NC BUY AMMERICAN ,

Statistics: Posted by ajax727 — Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:25 am


No Picture

General Family Preparedness • Re: Libs Catch the Prepping Bug

January 24, 2017 ajax727 0

Ray
cedar trees(red heart )will grow anywhere and will block out your neighbors in a few years and if planted close they will form a barrier .
Mix in a running rose bush and people want just walk right in . I have a nice one that has little white roses looks great and will form a fence line in a few years .

Statistics: Posted by ajax727 — Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:55 am


No Picture

General Family Preparedness • Re: Libs Catch the Prepping Bug

January 24, 2017 anita 0

Ray, I thought I posted last night, but it didn’t show up. Hope this doesn’t come up twice.

Have you considered stealth gardening? Raspberries/blackberries along the treeline (they also act as a deterrent for trespassers :) ). Asparagus will reseed itself almost anywhere, it seems, once you have it going, and it is a long-lived perennial. You may be able to get some of that growing near the treeline as well. Strawberries as groundcover? A couple of apple trees in the landscaping. Bush cherries? (almost no pests for these). Blueberries are good too, but bird magnets. These are things few will recognize as food unless they see the ripe apples, etc. But it would give you some fresh fruits/vegetables. I’m sure there are others I’m not thinking of.

Statistics: Posted by anita — Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:53 am


No Picture

General Family Preparedness • Re: Fair trade and Prepping

January 24, 2017 donba 0

I believe we, my family buy American whenever possible. One example LL Bean. There clothing cost more but is worth it. I would much rather have quality and pay a little more, than buy cheep junk and keep replacing it…..

Statistics: Posted by donba — Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:10 am


General Family Preparedness • Re: Horse diapers

January 24, 2017 oldasrocks 0

[

Bahahaha! As the owner of a few horses, I will go broke. Baby diapers are expensive enough for tiny butts. Wonder what a case of horse size will cost.
Reb[/quote][/quote]

Well Reb we could save the unused corners of our diapers and have them sown together. Might open up a whole new industry. So everyone advertise for everyone to save the unused parts of their diapers and send them all to Mountain Mamma to sew together.

Statistics: Posted by oldasrocks — Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:07 pm


Image

General Family Preparedness • Re: Libs Catch the Prepping Bug

January 23, 2017 RayMac1963 0

Yes I have Guns. I backpack with em with the scouts. Don’t tell anyone i said it, but 13 year old boys cook horribly, and they eat anything, and they don’t clean up well. Its worse on the trails with rocket stoves. I usually end up eating a Mountain House if its a hiking camp out. They taste great by comparison.

They are also my only part of my long shelf solution, but all i can do is buy and store. Unlike you guys i, have no land to even begin to plan to grow on. Ya know all those picks of my gear in my yard with the nice greenery, and how i call em “fake woods”. Well THIS is what they look like this time of year. You can see how close my neighbors actually are. When its nice and green, its a good illusion. But its not real bud. SHTF, I’m eating caned goods, and MREs, and Mountain house.

Image

Statistics: Posted by RayMac1963 — Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:02 pm


Image

General Family Preparedness • Re: Horse diapers

January 23, 2017 handyman777 0

I thought I herd it all when they talked about the cows and pigs fart’in and destroying the ozone.

Horse Diapers—W. T. ?. whats next ????? some people have way to much time on there hands.

What kind of grant did they apply for, and I wonder how much they made for that study.

Statistics: Posted by handyman777 — Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:04 pm


Image

General Family Preparedness • Re: A new day, a new leader, a direction less traveled

January 23, 2017 handyman777 0
JayJay wrote:

Mollypup wrote:Can’t stand the man & I’ve certainly not been shy about stating that fact. Didn’t vote for him, still wouldn’t vote for him.
First 3 days in office:
◾Look for a possible hiring freeze at executive branch
◾5-year lobbying ban on transition and administration officials
◾Mexico City policy, which prevents foreign NGOs from getting U.S. family planning money if they provide abortions with non-U.S. funds. (It’s already illegal to use U.S dollars on abortions.)
◾Task the Defense Secretary and joint chiefs to come up with plan to eviscerate ISIS
◾Report on readiness, and something cyber security related
◾Border/immigration: Something on sanctuary cities, expand E-Verify, an extreme vetting proposal
◾Trade: Withdraw from TPP and a thorough review of NAFTA
–Met with Dell, Whirlpool, Ford, Johnson and Johnson, Lockheed Martin, Dow Chemicals, US stee, Corning, International Paper to discuss cutting regulations 75% and taxes in effort to keep jobs in US.
–repeal ACA, issue health care across state lines
Oh, got more fat women marching in one day than Moochelle did in 8 years..gotta love that one!! :p

Good One Jay Jay—Love It—LOL LOL LOL…

Statistics: Posted by handyman777 — Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:49 pm


No Picture

General Family Preparedness • Re: Horse diapers

January 23, 2017 Cast Iron 0

I have many Amish neighbors.

We see spots of what we call “road apples” here and there.

For the most part, most around here do not care.

Except the one neighbor. I have seen him out shoveling the manure, complaining to his son because the manure was left in front of his house.

Some people just can not adjust to country living.

Statistics: Posted by Cast Iron — Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:37 pm


No Picture

General Family Preparedness • Re: A new day, a new leader, a direction less traveled

January 23, 2017 anita 0
Gunns wrote:
–snip–
I would also slash Social Security. I would look at the persons personal wealth and if they have the money, stop their SS payments. Tough choice to make but what the heck. I have two brothers that don’t take theirs and those same two could get disability from the Military and do NOT.

–snip–

i have no problem with them means-testing SS, as long as they give me back all the money we put in. They can even keep the interest that they should have collected (but didn’t). Otherwise, it’s just one more redistribution of wealth. We’ve had enough of that.

Statistics: Posted by anita — Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:27 pm


No Picture

General Family Preparedness • Re: Fair trade and Prepping

January 23, 2017 daaswampman 0

It is a step in the right direction. Expecially knowing where everything is made, but until we can make a better product at a competitive price, we’re just passing gas! Most people including myself, will not buy second best or pay more, just because it is made in America. America has the ability to make the best products at the best prices! Anything less is just continuing the problem.

Then consider where it is made in America! Right now I would rather spend my dollars on something made in Mexico, than certain blue states! Our real enemies are within our own boarders! Swamp

Statistics: Posted by daaswampman — Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:48 pm


No Picture

General Family Preparedness • Re: A new day, a new leader, a direction less traveled

January 23, 2017 JayJay 0

[quote=”Mollypup”]Can’t stand the man & I’ve certainly not been shy about stating that fact. Didn’t vote for him, still wouldn’t vote for him.
First 3 days in office:
◾Look for a possible hiring freeze at executive branch
◾5-year lobbying ban on transition and administration officials
◾Mexico City policy, which prevents foreign NGOs from getting U.S. family planning money if they provide abortions with non-U.S. funds. (It’s already illegal to use U.S dollars on abortions.)
◾Task the Defense Secretary and joint chiefs to come up with plan to eviscerate ISIS
◾Report on readiness, and something cyber security related
◾Border/immigration: Something on sanctuary cities, expand E-Verify, an extreme vetting proposal
◾Trade: Withdraw from TPP and a thorough review of NAFTA
–Met with Dell, Whirlpool, Ford, Johnson and Johnson, Lockheed Martin, Dow Chemicals, US stee, Corning, International Paper to discuss cutting regulations 75% and taxes in effort to keep jobs in US.
–repeal ACA, issue health care across state lines
Oh, got more fat women marching in one day than Moochelle did in 8 years..gotta love that one!! :p

Statistics: Posted by JayJay — Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:29 pm


No Picture

General Family Preparedness • Re: Horse diapers

January 23, 2017 Mountain mama 0
rebnavy1862 wrote:
You are driving along the interstate. You pull off at a rest stop to relieve yourself. You go into the bathroom only to find a horse and owner at the diaper changing station. You can’t get around the horse, so you go outside to use the doggie relief station. You get arrested for indecent exposure and being off your leash.
And this isn’t the only legal problem. Are mares supposed to only use the ladies’ room. What if the owner (diaper changer) is a man?
What if the horse is a gelding? Will the Supreme Court have to rule on this?

Just say NO to horse diapers!! Sounds like a load of horse sh-t to me.

Bahahaha! As the owner of a few horses, I will go broke. Baby diapers are expensive enough for tiny butts. Wonder what a case of horse size will cost.
Reb

Statistics: Posted by Mountain mama — Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:58 pm


No Picture

General Family Preparedness • Re: Horse diapers

January 23, 2017 rickdun 0
Gunns wrote:

rebnavy1862 wrote:You are driving along the interstate. You pull off at a rest stop to relieve yourself. You go into the bathroom only to find a horse and owner at the diaper changing station. You can’t get around the horse, so you go outside to use the doggie relief station. You get arrested for indecent exposure and being off your leash.
And this isn’t the only legal problem. Are mares supposed to only use the ladies’ room. What if the owner (diaper changer) is a man?
What if the horse is a gelding? Will the Supreme Court have to rule on this?

Just say NO to horse diapers!! Sounds like a load of horse sh-t to me.

Reb

What about horse bathrooms only? Male, Female and other?

[quote=”oldasrocks”]I can see it now. Articles on how they have 6 new landfills full of disposable horse diapers causing untold damage to the environment. “There are more naked people freezing to death because all the cotton is being used up to make horse diapers. Water sources polluted by people washing horse diapers. Horses being outlawed!

I don’t care who you are, now that’s funny. You guys are a hoot. I know, the russians made you do it.

Statistics: Posted by rickdun — Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:28 am