No Picture

General Food Topics • Re: HONEY: powder

April 29, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0
rickdun wrote:

DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE wrote:

rebnavy1862 wrote:I like Augason Farms. So far, everything I’ve tried was good. Haven’t tried the honey. I store the real thing.
Reb

I went to Wal-Mart BTW…..What a disappointment.

I went for three things including Augson Farms stuff…Nada. Zip. Ziltch….What a wasted trip…I’m done with that store…the masses of people too…Pffft.

Back online I go…

DR1VEN, I have not found Augson Farms stuff in the store, only on line. It’s free shipping on $35.00 orders.

ya, figured as much but took a chance since I needed a few other things too and haven’t stepped foot in that madhouse for about 2 years….Everything I needed wasn’t there…lol.

I’ll give then a shot next time if I like it…Had $100 credit on Amazon so I just did my same-ol’ – same-ol’ tried and true….a couple bucks more there but the 2 day delivery and return policies(free pickup if done right/immediate credit) are hard to beat on Amazon.

I do really appreciate the info though Rick…..Doing a little last min splurging with current political tensions….In no way would I consider myself set in SHTF, but at a guess, 99% better off than the rest of the knuckleheads here in SoCal…..at least for 5-6 months.

.

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:51 pm


No Picture

Terrorism & other Man made disasters • Re: Is this the end?

April 29, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0
ReadyMom wrote:

oldasrocks wrote:Yes Reb, the world ended. You’re just so bad you came back as yourself.

It’s raining so hard in Missouri we had to put life jackets on our chickens and geese.

So, you’ve got chickens running around looking like THIS?

Image

Don’t forget their pants Rocks….lol…I cant get enough of this one. :rofl:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWjxRwHTZiw

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:39 pm


No Picture

General Food Topics • Re: HONEY: powder

April 29, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0
rebnavy1862 wrote:
I like Augason Farms. So far, everything I’ve tried was good. Haven’t tried the honey. I store the real thing.
Reb

I went to Wal-Mart BTW…..What a disappointment.

I went for three things including Augson Farms stuff…Nada. Zip. Ziltch….What a wasted trip…I’m done with that store…the masses of people too…Pffft.

Back online I go…

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:58 pm


No Picture

General Food Topics • Re: HONEY: powder

April 29, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0

Holy Honey Batman!….Did I give myself one heck of a crash course in honey today.

I’m interested in the health benefits and healing properties of the stuff along for use as an alt-med surplus..(already knew the basics but eye opening education today)

Manuka—HOLY crud is the good stuff e-x-p-e-n-s-i-v-e!. :shock::shock::shock: ..That lead me to find legitimate studies on the benefits though as I couldn’t fathom spending that much on a snake oil hipster trend…

Nope…It’s real….wound, cold, throat, and upper airways/cough suppressant….I did a “subscription” at amazon today since it cost so much…lol….We’ll have to build this shelf a little slower than I normally do a month at a time.
https://www.amazon.com/Comvita-Manuka-Honey-Premium-Zealand/dp/B000LKWXA4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493436932&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=manuka&th=1

Learned about true Manuka (vs knockoff) and the UMP rating/label scale

Also the next best..(medicinally anyways)…Buckwheat….Also how to spot the stuff being passed off as buckwheat when its not.

Good stuff… That’s why I love APN…You guys start a simple subject and my brain gets to work learning. :thumbup:

My preps just grew with diversity….Nice.

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:50 pm


No Picture

Terrorism & other Man made disasters • Re: EMP and Stored Data

April 28, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0

Good subject!…great links….Thank you SWAMP…

My “LIMITED” understanding on this is it really has to do with distance from/Strength of/ and level of thickness of shielding when it comes to Gamma penetration for electronics…(and us for that matter)

As in using copper mesh vs. solid for your cage material is less effective…The amount of gamma penetration will also be different with thickness of said less porous material distance from source and level of shielding before the cage(e.g…a basement)

Again, no expert here but wouldn’t a level of gamma big enough to cause data corruption/device failure be lethal to a human anyways??? (E.g…if my device is corrupted in a thicker faraday cage in a basement, I’m not going to be around long enough to really care from the amount of gamma I’m exposed to??? :( )

As Gamma particles collide with the electrons of whatever they penetrate they excite and unbound those electrons causing radiation sickness in living material….If there’s enough that are passing thru layers of earth, metal shielding, I’m dead anyways, yes?

Inquiring minds want to know…. ;)

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:18 am


No Picture

Terrorism & other Man made disasters • Re: EMP and Stored Data

April 28, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0

Good subject!…great links….Thank you SWAMP…

My “LIMITED” understanding on this is it really has to do with distance from/Strength of/ and level of thickness of shielding when it comes to Gamma penetration for electronics…(and us for that matter)

As in using copper mesh vs. solid for your cage material is less effective…The amount of gamma penetration will also be different with thickness of said less porous material distance from source and level of shielding before the cage(e.g…a basement)

Again, no expert here but wouldn’t a level of gamma big enough to cause data corruption/device failure be lethal to a human anyways??? (E.g…if my device is corrupted in a thicker faraday cage in a basement, I’m not going to be around long enough to really care from the amount of gamma I’m exposed to??? :( )

As Gamma particles collide with the electrons of whatever they penetrate they excite and unbound those electrons causing radiation sickness in living material….If there’s enough that are passing thru layers of earth, metal shielding, I’m dead anyways, yes?

Inquiring minds want to know…. ;)

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:18 am


No Picture

General Food Topics • Re: HONEY: powder

April 27, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0
rickdun wrote:

rebnavy1862 wrote:I like Augason Farms. So far, everything I’ve tried was good. Haven’t tried the honey. I store the real thing.
Reb
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE wrote:

rickdun wrote:I bought a small can a couple years ago, it sucked, threw it out, went back to 100% pure honey.

And there you have it… :thumbup:

Quick easy answer from personal experience… Thanks Rick(and Aunt Bee for asking)……The recent topics of discussion has me trying a bunch of Augson Farms product for the first time….This saves me cash!

I buy alot of Augson Farm stuff, via wal-mart, some items on sale plus free shipping on orders over 35.00, can’t beat it.

LetsPrep got me on the wal-mart thing with augson.

Nice…Didn’t know about the no shipping over $35…I normally avoid them vs Amazon since their website is clunky and slow but their prices are right there if not sometimes better than amazon and I’m prime there….I have to say, other than groceries, 99% of our stuff comes from amazon….You can see why brick and mortar is going bye-bye….I do try to support mom and pop as much as possible, but the price differences sometimes are huge.

Going to Wal-Mart today to check it out….Thanks again to all imputers in the last few days in the different threads talking about your experiences with AF. :thumbup:

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:39 pm


No Picture

General Food Topics • Re: HONEY: powder

April 27, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0
rickdun wrote:

rebnavy1862 wrote:I like Augason Farms. So far, everything I’ve tried was good. Haven’t tried the honey. I store the real thing.
Reb
DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE wrote:

rickdun wrote:I bought a small can a couple years ago, it sucked, threw it out, went back to 100% pure honey.

And there you have it… :thumbup:

Quick easy answer from personal experience… Thanks Rick(and Aunt Bee for asking)……The recent topics of discussion has me trying a bunch of Augson Farms product for the first time….This saves me cash!

I buy alot of Augson Farm stuff, via wal-mart, some items on sale plus free shipping on orders over 35.00, can’t beat it.

LetsPrep got me on the wal-mart thing with augson.

Nice…Didn’t know about the no shipping over $35…I normally avoid them vs Amazon since their website is clunky and slow but their prices are right there if not sometimes better than amazon and I’m prime there….I have to say, other than groceries, 99% of our stuff comes from amazon….You can see why brick and mortar is going bye-bye….I do try to support mom and pop as much as possible, but the price differences sometimes are huge.

Going to Wal-Mart today to check it out….Thanks again to all imputers in the last few days in the different threads talking about your experiences with AF. :thumbup:

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:39 pm


No Picture

General Food Topics • Re: HONEY: powder

April 27, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0
rickdun wrote:
I bought a small can a couple years ago, it sucked, threw it out, went back to 100% pure honey.

And there you have it… :thumbup:

Quick easy answer from personal experience… Thanks Rick(and Aunt Bee for asking)……The recent topics of discussion has me trying a bunch of Augson Farms product for the first time….This saves me cash!

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:19 am


No Picture

General Food Topics • Re: HONEY: powder

April 27, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0
rickdun wrote:
I bought a small can a couple years ago, it sucked, threw it out, went back to 100% pure honey.

And there you have it… :thumbup:

Quick easy answer from personal experience… Thanks Rick(and Aunt Bee for asking)……The recent topics of discussion has me trying a bunch of Augson Farms product for the first time….This saves me cash!

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:19 am


No Picture

General Food Topics • Re: BUTTER: Powder

April 26, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0

Hi Guys,

I checked out Augason farms powdered butter….Have you reconstituted it into the spread like it shows on their site? Does it really look like that/work that way?

Seems a little too good to be true….But if so, I got to get me some to try out quick like…

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:11 am


No Picture

General Homesteading Topics • Re: Tick Tubes

April 26, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0

WELL, HOLY CR@P!!!

I don’t care if it works….I’m going into business for myself!!!!

A $2 item selling for over $80 on amazon with a 4 star rating!!!???!?!…..WoW! lol,,,Must work pretty damn good I’d say…

There’s one born every minute folks…Yersiree.

https://www.amazon.com/Damminix-27203-Tick-Tube-24-Pack/dp/B000OWB7ME

Give me a few days to get setup and I’ll save you $5 off the above listing.. a “Special price” ..lol.

Image

Dunno for myself Outback but if folks are buying them at this price and rating them that high I’d say they’re certainly be worth the try on the homemade versions…….or you could buy them from me when I win the new buy-box in about a week on amazon….lol.

.

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:04 am


No Picture

General Food Topics • Re: Storing rice in buckets AND Other Food Storage questions

April 25, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0
anita wrote:
I used to be a big-time bread baker, and bought my yeast by the pound (from King Arthur’s Flour online store). I keep it in the freezer in a metal container.

I found out I have celiac probably 10 years ago, and since then rarely make bread, although I have occasionally used the yeast. It has been in the freezer at least 10 years.

I just pulled out a teaspoon, put it in warm water with a little sugar, and it seems to be growing. If I were going to make something, I’d probably increase the amount of yeast, just on the chance that it is less active than newer yeast would be.

rebnavy1862 wrote:

rebnavy1862 wrote:I have baker’s yeast stored in the fridge. It is about three years old. I use it regularly and it still has its original strength. The container I had before lasted about 5 years before I used it up. I don’t think dried yeast dies completely, just use more of it. A starter culture of yeast can easily be made from weakened yeast. The baker’s yeast I use is Red Star from Sam’s. It weighs a pound or two.

I once brewed Duvel, a Belgian abbey ale, from yeast I cultivated using a bottle of Duvel. The original yeast is unavailable for purchase. Duvel is one of the rare ales that still use their own yeast to bottle condition their beer. I was successful at cloning the recipe and brewing Duvel.

When brewing beer, the original innoculation of yeast produces a hundred times the volumn of the yeast used. The same thing can be done by using a mere pinch of baker’s yeast to reproduce pounds of yeast.

And then there is the sourdough yeast method using wild yeast.

Yeast is the least of my worries.

Reb

Just checked the yeast. It is two, one pound bricks of Fleischman’s, not Red Star. Expiration date: Dec 2014, which means nothing. I probably bought it in 2012 or 13. Last used it about a week ago. I always “proof” yeast like Rick’s wife. I also store beer yeast in sterilized pint jars. It is yeast produced by prior fermentations. Usable years later.
Reb

Awesome input….thank you guys! :thumbup:

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:54 am


No Picture

General Food Topics • Re: Storing rice in buckets AND Other Food Storage questions

April 25, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0
anita wrote:
I used to be a big-time bread baker, and bought my yeast by the pound (from King Arthur’s Flour online store). I keep it in the freezer in a metal container.

I found out I have celiac probably 10 years ago, and since then rarely make bread, although I have occasionally used the yeast. It has been in the freezer at least 10 years.

I just pulled out a teaspoon, put it in warm water with a little sugar, and it seems to be growing. If I were going to make something, I’d probably increase the amount of yeast, just on the chance that it is less active than newer yeast would be.

rebnavy1862 wrote:

rebnavy1862 wrote:I have baker’s yeast stored in the fridge. It is about three years old. I use it regularly and it still has its original strength. The container I had before lasted about 5 years before I used it up. I don’t think dried yeast dies completely, just use more of it. A starter culture of yeast can easily be made from weakened yeast. The baker’s yeast I use is Red Star from Sam’s. It weighs a pound or two.

I once brewed Duvel, a Belgian abbey ale, from yeast I cultivated using a bottle of Duvel. The original yeast is unavailable for purchase. Duvel is one of the rare ales that still use their own yeast to bottle condition their beer. I was successful at cloning the recipe and brewing Duvel.

When brewing beer, the original innoculation of yeast produces a hundred times the volumn of the yeast used. The same thing can be done by using a mere pinch of baker’s yeast to reproduce pounds of yeast.

And then there is the sourdough yeast method using wild yeast.

Yeast is the least of my worries.

Reb

Just checked the yeast. It is two, one pound bricks of Fleischman’s, not Red Star. Expiration date: Dec 2014, which means nothing. I probably bought it in 2012 or 13. Last used it about a week ago. I always “proof” yeast like Rick’s wife. I also store beer yeast in sterilized pint jars. It is yeast produced by prior fermentations. Usable years later.
Reb

Awesome input….thank you guys! :thumbup:

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:54 am


No Picture

General Food Topics • Re: Storing rice in buckets question

April 25, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0

Great discussion here. :clap: ..The OP was on rice storage(which was answered with great detail) but the other info provided here is EXCELLENT as well….

It got me thinking on yeast…I’d really love to hear your opinions on this…

With all of your guys combined knowledge, what’s your personal preference on this?

1-2 year rotation in storage(learning it cant be stored reliably long term) or creating your own starter as needed from flour/sugar/salt or potato water and such?

Thanks guys!

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:56 am


:offtopic:

General Food Topics • Re: Storing rice in buckets question

April 25, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0

Great discussion here. :clap: ..The OP was on rice storage(which was answered with great detail) but the other info provided here is EXCELLENT as well….

It got me thinking on yeast…I’d really love to hear your opinions on this…

With all of your guys combined knowledge, what’s your personal preference on this?

1-2 year rotation in storage(learning it cant be stored reliably long term) or creating your own starter as needed from flour/sugar/salt or potato water and such?

Thanks guys!

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:56 am


:offtopic:

General Food Topics • Re: Storing rice in buckets question

April 25, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0

Great discussion here. :clap: ..The OP was on rice storage(which was answered with great detail) but the other info provided here is EXCELLENT as well….

It got me thinking on yeast…I’d really love to hear your opinions on this…

With all of your guys combined knowledge, what’s your personal preference on this?

1-2 year rotation in storage(learning it cant be stored reliably long term) or creating your own starter as needed from flour/sugar/salt or potato water and such?

Thanks guys!

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:56 am


:offtopic:

General Food Topics • Re: Storing rice in buckets question

April 25, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0

Great discussion here. :clap: ..The OP was on rice storage(which was answered with great detail) but the other info provided here is EXCELLENT as well….

It got me thinking on yeast…I’d really love to hear your opinions on this…

With all of your guys combined knowledge, what’s your personal preference on this?

1-2 year rotation in storage(learning it cant be stored reliably long term) or creating your own starter as needed from flour/sugar/salt or potato water and such?

Thanks guys!

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:56 am


:offtopic:

General Food Topics • Re: Storing rice in buckets question

April 25, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0

Great discussion here. :clap: ..The OP was on rice storage(which was answered with great detail) but the other info provided here is EXCELLENT as well….

It got me thinking on yeast…I’d really love to hear your opinions on this…

With all of your guys combined knowledge, what’s your personal preference on this?

1-2 year rotation in storage(learning it cant be stored reliably long term) or creating your own starter as needed from flour/sugar/salt or potato water and such?

Thanks guys!

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:56 am


A.N.T.S. • Re: Power outage

April 22, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0

BTW all….This is a huge resource here if you really want to learn that should be mentioned at this time.

I knew nothing about this stuff 5 years ago…if you are like I was, if you subscribe and watch daily(about 5 min each morning), you will understand whats going on more than about 80% of the world within 3-4 weeks time at a guess…What else are you going to do with 5 min each day?

This update is a little longer than most and goes into more detail for the daily updates….I cant state enough how intelligent Ben over at SO is…This really is a HUGE, one stop resource for learning.

I’ve watched it play out for years now…He’s dead on and WAY ahead of the curve IMHO….

Check it out…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFA_sm8yg0U

~D

.

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:08 am


No Picture

A.N.T.S. • Re: Power outage

April 22, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0

BTW all….This is a huge resource here if you really want to learn that should be mentioned at this time.

I knew nothing about this stuff 5 years ago…if you are like I was, if you subscribe and watch daily(about 5 min each morning), you will understand whats going on more than about 80% of the world within 3-4 weeks time at a guess…What else are you going to do with 5 min each day?

This update is a little longer than most and goes into more detail for the daily updates….I cant state enough how intelligent Ben over at SO is…This really is a HUGE, one stop resource for learning.

I’ve watched it play out for years now…He’s dead on and WAY ahead of the curve IMHO….

Check it out…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFA_sm8yg0U

~D

.

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:08 am


A.N.T.S. • Re: Power outage

April 22, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0

I couldn’t deal with it….my universe exploded here in CA!!! ….So I said to my barista “What do you mean you cant make me my Carmel Frappuccino? You are here to serve me!!! This is unacceptable! I want to speak to your manager right now!!!”…….. :rolleyes:

I’m sure that conversation was had somewhere at least 1000 times yesterday….

I didn’t experience an outage…Didn’t even know one was going on. Too busy getting over this damn death virus going around.(10 days and getting worse, not better…weird)….Haven’t been this sick in years which really is just stating how good I’ve had it really…

Meanwhile on grid news, this is really old news….We’re under attack at all times. They just don’t want you to disrupt your buying trends so it’s not reported as such…

Good thing I keep the Kindle pre-loaded and with the solar charger or I wouldn’t be able to complain to Starbucks Corp by email about that missing Frappuccino….lol. :rofl:

http://www.offthegridnews.com/grid-threats/new-report-us-power-grid-attacked-every-4-days-nationwide-blackout-more-likely-than-we-thought/

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:41 am


No Picture

A.N.T.S. • Re: Power outage

April 22, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0

I couldn’t deal with it….my universe exploded here in CA!!! ….So I said to my barista “What do you mean you cant make me my Carmel Frappuccino? You are here to serve me!!! This is unacceptable! I want to speak to your manager right now!!!”…….. :rolleyes:

I’m sure that conversation was had somewhere at least 1000 times yesterday….

I didn’t experience an outage…Didn’t even know one was going on. Too busy getting over this damn death virus going around.(10 days and getting worse, not better…weird)….Haven’t been this sick in years which really is just stating how good I’ve had it really…

Meanwhile on grid news, this is really old news….We’re under attack at all times. They just don’t want you to disrupt your buying trends so it’s not reported as such…

Good thing I keep the Kindle pre-loaded and with the solar charger or I wouldn’t be able to complain to Starbucks Corp by email about that missing Frappuccino….lol. :rofl:

http://www.offthegridnews.com/grid-threats/new-report-us-power-grid-attacked-every-4-days-nationwide-blackout-more-likely-than-we-thought/

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:41 am


No Picture

General Family Preparedness • Re: How do preppers keep from losing their minds?

April 20, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0
Photon Guy wrote:

Christy wrote:Your idea is good, a lot of information in a little bit of storage area. But how long will your phone or Ipad thingy last? Most are good for two years. Batteries wear down and the whole thing needs replaced. Not sure you can store batteries. But maybe another device that is not being used. Spare device?
I prefer cards, real books, sewing, hand tools to build things with. Garden tools, small animals to take care, etc..

I really don’t think I would have the time to get bored, probably I will be looking for more time to sleep. Even now I don’t have time to get things done so when you work every day to keep food on the table literally, I don’t think you will get bored. Maybe kids that have the phone attached to their fingers, but oh my goodness, if it won’t work we may have teenage riots on our hands. Kids might look up and see the world.

Watched the movie Venture to the center of the earth and the kid was always looking for service on his phone, how ironic, not sure they put up cell towers down there, but hey you never know.

Personally I hate cell phones, don’t carry it with me, I do have one, but don’t use it for anything other than making a call. My boss could not get a hold of me at any hour so he bought me an I pad, I turned it off and put it aside, he still can’t a hold of me! My time is my time and I won’t be tied to any electronics. I say this as I type this on the company computer.

The idea of having books on hand is good, but I prefer them printed. (Yes, I work for a printer)

There certainly are advantages to having printing material but the disadvantage is the space it takes up. A Kindle on the other hand can hold information that if it was printed in books, the books would fill up entire shelves.

There is no question of the benefits of real paper…There is also no question on the benefits of the electronic solution if protected from EMP….Seriously, an entire library of congress in the palm of your hands…the size of a single hard drive but without the need to connect it to anything to read/access the information!

My first Kindle(non-Fire edition) is now going on 6 years of HEAVY, DAILY use for personal reading and running small games or web surfing….Without a single glitch to date…..single battery charge last me about 3 weeks with about an hour of usage per day average.

I cant of course say every single one of them produced is perfect since I’ve now only owned 2 total including the kids edition, but the ones I’ve owned are so far, infallible.

Them there’s is just da facts….. ;)

I don’t give glowing reviews lightly and research everything tenfold normally before a purchase…..don’t know if that’s worth anything to anyone but there it is.

again, like in the thread I posted on before there are free books to review and then download about every week to fill that lil’ puppy….Here is April 18th email I received from another pepper from a local group(Hat tip to L.D.)

Always check price before purchasing as item might have returned to full price.

Knife Fighting Tutorial: Basics of modern knife fighting
https://www.amazon.com/Knife-Fighting-Tutorial-Basics-fighting-ebook/dp/B0184O68UE

Fishing Guide: 10 Amazing Beginners Tips and Tricks for Catching More Fish
https://www.amazon.com/Fishing-Guide-Amazing-Beginners-Catching-ebook/dp/B06XT91CNT

Homemade Weapons: 7 Useful Survival Weapons You Can Make At Home Without Special Supplies
https://www.amazon.com/Homemade-Weapons-Survival-Without-Supplies-ebook/dp/B071RBKZ65

Mini Farming: 25 Useful Tips on How to Grow Organic Vegetables at Your Own Backyard
https://www.amazon.com/Mini-Farming-Organic-Vegetables-Backyard-ebook/dp/B06XTZ3BNT

Home Based Business: 30 Hacks How to Make Money Homesteading For Self-Sufficient Life
https://www.amazon.com/Home-Based-Business-Homesteading-Self-Sufficient-ebook/dp/B071R9WZR9

https://www.amazon.com/Home-Based-Busin … B071R9WZR9
https://www.amazon.com/Erics-Book-Urban-Survival-Hacks-ebook/dp/B06XWWBVS5

Ballistic Nutrition I
https://www.amazon.com/Ballistic-Nutrition-I-Eric-Ericksen-ebook/dp/B009L512C0

Beekeeping for Beginners: 23 Brilliant Tips for Raising Honey Bees and Choosing the Best Bee Hive
https://www.amazon.com/Beekeeping-Beginners-Brilliant-Raising-Choosing-ebook/dp/B06XS2WGT9

Mason Jars: Box Set – Prepping All in 1 DIY Box Set With Prepping Guides
https://www.amazon.com/Mason-Jars-Box-Prepping-Guides-ebook/dp/B06ZZ9DBJ2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1492526177&sr=8-3&keywords=free+kindle+books+prepper

Winter Survival: How To Survive Winter Storms While Homesteading And Off-Grid Living
https://www.amazon.com/Winter-Survival-Homesteading-Alternative-Emergency-ebook/dp/B01N2NWLSM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1492526207&sr=8-5&keywords=free+kindle+books+prepper

Wound Care: General Principles (Dr. Guide Books)
https://www.amazon.com/Wound-Care-General-Principles-Guide-ebook/dp/B06Y419VP4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1492526444&sr=8-4&keywords=free+kindle+books+wound+care

Herbal Antibiotics: 30 Best Herbal Antibiotics, Antivirals and Antibacterial – Learn How to Pick and Use for Overcoming Any Ailment
https://www.amazon.com/Herbal-Antibiotics-Antivirals-Antibacterial-Alternative-ebook/dp/B06XZJ3XNF/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1492526622&sr=8-8&keywords=free+kindle+books+foraging

Ebola Pandemic Survival LISTS: The 7 Lists that Show You How to Prepare and Keep Your Family Alive During a Pandemic Disaster
https://www.amazon.com/Ebola-Pandemic-Survival-LISTS-Disaster-ebook/dp/B00OL1QRSS/ref=sr_1_68?ie=UTF8&qid=1492526776&sr=8-68&keywords=free+kindle+books+survival

Night Shift: 10 Survival Tips for Nurses to Get Through the Night! .
https://www.amazon.com/Night-Shift-Registered-Practitioner-Anesthetist-ebook/dp/B019NX2Q38/ref=sr_1_88?ie=UTF8&qid=1492526847&sr=8-88&keywords=free+kindle+books+survival

Survival Guide: A Beginner’s Guide to Help You Survive in the Forest
https://www.amazon.com/Survival-Guide-Beginners-Survive-Forest-ebook/dp/B016VAQW8G/ref=sr_1_132?ie=UTF8&qid=1492526943&sr=8-132&keywords=free+kindle+books+survival

RV Living: A Comprehensive and Practical Guide to RV Living Full-time
https://www.amazon.com/Living-Comprehensive-Practical-Full-time-Boondocking-ebook/dp/B01MY8SK3L/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492527236&sr=8-1&keywords=free+kindle+books+rv

RV Living: Your Ultimate Guide to Full-Time RV Living with Essential Tips and Tricks
https://www.amazon.com/Living-Full-Time-Essential-Winnebago-Motorhome-ebook/dp/B06Y484MBR/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1492527265&sr=8-3&keywords=free+kindle+books+rv

Camping Cookbook: 3 Manuscripts: Camping Cookbook + Foil Packet Cooking + BBQ Cookbook
https://www.amazon.com/Camping-Cookbook-Manuscripts-Packet-Cooking-ebook/dp/B01I8FGMQY/ref=sr_1_36?ie=UTF8&qid=1492527357&sr=8-36&keywords=free+kindle+books+rv

~D

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:45 am


No Picture

General Family Preparedness • Re: How do preppers keep from losing their minds?

April 20, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0
Photon Guy wrote:

Christy wrote:Your idea is good, a lot of information in a little bit of storage area. But how long will your phone or Ipad thingy last? Most are good for two years. Batteries wear down and the whole thing needs replaced. Not sure you can store batteries. But maybe another device that is not being used. Spare device?
I prefer cards, real books, sewing, hand tools to build things with. Garden tools, small animals to take care, etc..

I really don’t think I would have the time to get bored, probably I will be looking for more time to sleep. Even now I don’t have time to get things done so when you work every day to keep food on the table literally, I don’t think you will get bored. Maybe kids that have the phone attached to their fingers, but oh my goodness, if it won’t work we may have teenage riots on our hands. Kids might look up and see the world.

Watched the movie Venture to the center of the earth and the kid was always looking for service on his phone, how ironic, not sure they put up cell towers down there, but hey you never know.

Personally I hate cell phones, don’t carry it with me, I do have one, but don’t use it for anything other than making a call. My boss could not get a hold of me at any hour so he bought me an I pad, I turned it off and put it aside, he still can’t a hold of me! My time is my time and I won’t be tied to any electronics. I say this as I type this on the company computer.

The idea of having books on hand is good, but I prefer them printed. (Yes, I work for a printer)

There certainly are advantages to having printing material but the disadvantage is the space it takes up. A Kindle on the other hand can hold information that if it was printed in books, the books would fill up entire shelves.

There is no question of the benefits of real paper…There is also no question on the benefits of the electronic solution if protected from EMP….Seriously, an entire library of congress in the palm of your hands…the size of a single hard drive but without the need to connect it to anything to read/access the information!

My first Kindle(non-Fire edition) is now going on 6 years of HEAVY, DAILY use for personal reading and running small games or web surfing….Without a single glitch to date…..single battery charge last me about 3 weeks with about an hour of usage per day average.

I cant of course say every single one of them produced is perfect since I’ve now only owned 2 total including the kids edition, but the ones I’ve owned are so far, infallible.

Them there’s is just da facts….. ;)

I don’t give glowing reviews lightly and research everything tenfold normally before a purchase…..don’t know if that’s worth anything to anyone but there it is.

again, like in the thread I posted on before there are free books to review and then download about every week to fill that lil’ puppy….Here is April 18th email I received from another pepper from a local group(Hat tip to L.D.)

Always check price before purchasing as item might have returned to full price.

Knife Fighting Tutorial: Basics of modern knife fighting
https://www.amazon.com/Knife-Fighting-Tutorial-Basics-fighting-ebook/dp/B0184O68UE

Fishing Guide: 10 Amazing Beginners Tips and Tricks for Catching More Fish
https://www.amazon.com/Fishing-Guide-Amazing-Beginners-Catching-ebook/dp/B06XT91CNT

Homemade Weapons: 7 Useful Survival Weapons You Can Make At Home Without Special Supplies
https://www.amazon.com/Homemade-Weapons-Survival-Without-Supplies-ebook/dp/B071RBKZ65

Mini Farming: 25 Useful Tips on How to Grow Organic Vegetables at Your Own Backyard
https://www.amazon.com/Mini-Farming-Organic-Vegetables-Backyard-ebook/dp/B06XTZ3BNT

Home Based Business: 30 Hacks How to Make Money Homesteading For Self-Sufficient Life
https://www.amazon.com/Home-Based-Business-Homesteading-Self-Sufficient-ebook/dp/B071R9WZR9

https://www.amazon.com/Home-Based-Busin … B071R9WZR9
https://www.amazon.com/Erics-Book-Urban-Survival-Hacks-ebook/dp/B06XWWBVS5

Ballistic Nutrition I
https://www.amazon.com/Ballistic-Nutrition-I-Eric-Ericksen-ebook/dp/B009L512C0

Beekeeping for Beginners: 23 Brilliant Tips for Raising Honey Bees and Choosing the Best Bee Hive
https://www.amazon.com/Beekeeping-Beginners-Brilliant-Raising-Choosing-ebook/dp/B06XS2WGT9

Mason Jars: Box Set – Prepping All in 1 DIY Box Set With Prepping Guides
https://www.amazon.com/Mason-Jars-Box-Prepping-Guides-ebook/dp/B06ZZ9DBJ2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1492526177&sr=8-3&keywords=free+kindle+books+prepper

Winter Survival: How To Survive Winter Storms While Homesteading And Off-Grid Living
https://www.amazon.com/Winter-Survival-Homesteading-Alternative-Emergency-ebook/dp/B01N2NWLSM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1492526207&sr=8-5&keywords=free+kindle+books+prepper

Wound Care: General Principles (Dr. Guide Books)
https://www.amazon.com/Wound-Care-General-Principles-Guide-ebook/dp/B06Y419VP4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1492526444&sr=8-4&keywords=free+kindle+books+wound+care

Herbal Antibiotics: 30 Best Herbal Antibiotics, Antivirals and Antibacterial – Learn How to Pick and Use for Overcoming Any Ailment
https://www.amazon.com/Herbal-Antibiotics-Antivirals-Antibacterial-Alternative-ebook/dp/B06XZJ3XNF/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1492526622&sr=8-8&keywords=free+kindle+books+foraging

Ebola Pandemic Survival LISTS: The 7 Lists that Show You How to Prepare and Keep Your Family Alive During a Pandemic Disaster
https://www.amazon.com/Ebola-Pandemic-Survival-LISTS-Disaster-ebook/dp/B00OL1QRSS/ref=sr_1_68?ie=UTF8&qid=1492526776&sr=8-68&keywords=free+kindle+books+survival

Night Shift: 10 Survival Tips for Nurses to Get Through the Night! .
https://www.amazon.com/Night-Shift-Registered-Practitioner-Anesthetist-ebook/dp/B019NX2Q38/ref=sr_1_88?ie=UTF8&qid=1492526847&sr=8-88&keywords=free+kindle+books+survival

Survival Guide: A Beginner’s Guide to Help You Survive in the Forest
https://www.amazon.com/Survival-Guide-Beginners-Survive-Forest-ebook/dp/B016VAQW8G/ref=sr_1_132?ie=UTF8&qid=1492526943&sr=8-132&keywords=free+kindle+books+survival

RV Living: A Comprehensive and Practical Guide to RV Living Full-time
https://www.amazon.com/Living-Comprehensive-Practical-Full-time-Boondocking-ebook/dp/B01MY8SK3L/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492527236&sr=8-1&keywords=free+kindle+books+rv

RV Living: Your Ultimate Guide to Full-Time RV Living with Essential Tips and Tricks
https://www.amazon.com/Living-Full-Time-Essential-Winnebago-Motorhome-ebook/dp/B06Y484MBR/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1492527265&sr=8-3&keywords=free+kindle+books+rv

Camping Cookbook: 3 Manuscripts: Camping Cookbook + Foil Packet Cooking + BBQ Cookbook
https://www.amazon.com/Camping-Cookbook-Manuscripts-Packet-Cooking-ebook/dp/B01I8FGMQY/ref=sr_1_36?ie=UTF8&qid=1492527357&sr=8-36&keywords=free+kindle+books+rv

~D

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:45 am


No Picture

General Food Topics • Re: storing food without climate control

April 20, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0
JayJay wrote:

rebnavy1862 wrote:

oldasrocks wrote:We get food grade 5 gallon buckets from a chinese restaurant for free. They smell like soy sauce. You need to build a cave with a hidden entrance.

Get 5 gallon buckets from grocery store bakeries. They smell like vanilla. Most places are free, but Walmart charges a dollar.
Reb

Oh, man. A few years ago when I started using the buckets, the WM here wouldn’t even sell them. I was told they were given back to the provider??
I’ll need to ask. I like the 2/3 gallon buckets for heavy sugar.

Check with local restaurants and Deli’s as well…Pretty easy to get food grade 5 gal buckets.
They get a lot of them and if not on a grand scale like WM are more likely to not be returning them to supplier…

Most likely they’ll smell like pickles. ;)

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:01 am


No Picture

General Food Topics • Re: storing food without climate control

April 20, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0
JayJay wrote:

rebnavy1862 wrote:

oldasrocks wrote:We get food grade 5 gallon buckets from a chinese restaurant for free. They smell like soy sauce. You need to build a cave with a hidden entrance.

Get 5 gallon buckets from grocery store bakeries. They smell like vanilla. Most places are free, but Walmart charges a dollar.
Reb

Oh, man. A few years ago when I started using the buckets, the WM here wouldn’t even sell them. I was told they were given back to the provider??
I’ll need to ask. I like the 2/3 gallon buckets for heavy sugar.

Check with local restaurants and Deli’s as well…Pretty easy to get food grade 5 gal buckets.
They get a lot of them and if not on a grand scale like WM are more likely to not be returning them to supplier…

Most likely they’ll smell like pickles. ;)

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:01 am


No Picture

General Food Topics • Re: storing food without climate control

April 20, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0
JayJay wrote:

rebnavy1862 wrote:

oldasrocks wrote:We get food grade 5 gallon buckets from a chinese restaurant for free. They smell like soy sauce. You need to build a cave with a hidden entrance.

Get 5 gallon buckets from grocery store bakeries. They smell like vanilla. Most places are free, but Walmart charges a dollar.
Reb

Oh, man. A few years ago when I started using the buckets, the WM here wouldn’t even sell them. I was told they were given back to the provider??
I’ll need to ask. I like the 2/3 gallon buckets for heavy sugar.

Check with local restaurants and Deli’s as well…Pretty easy to get food grade 5 gal buckets.
They get a lot of them and if not on a grand scale like WM are more likely to not be returning them to supplier…

Most likely they’ll smell like pickles. ;)

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:01 am


No Picture

Terrorism & other Man made disasters • Re: 3 dead–Here we go again…Another sanctuary state attac

April 19, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0

My momma always told me CRAZY is as CRAZY does, sir…..

That aside, there really is no figuring out crazy…There is no logic behind the action to begin with so it CAN NOT be explained, but I was trying to ask a question that I must have not got across cleanly…

point being:

In an environment where crazy abounds(anywhere really) don’t you think the local habitat and social narrative of the moment actually will trigger this type of action?

Crazy is easily manipulated. A social narrative of the 99%’ers(we are suppressed and the system is unfair/its never your fault/blame everyone but yourself for life’s woes), followed by media manipulation and programming(Trump is a racist so if he wins elections the entire country is racist….remember were talking crazy here :crazy: ) followed with more media coverage of lone wolf attacks across the world(conditioning), followed by a declaration by local governments stating they will fight rule of law(if they’re doing it, that means its OK to break laws by example), followed by escalating anarchy again pushed by the media narrative(Berkley ring a bell?) which basically triggers CRAZY into action where as they might have just moved on thru life not harming someone else without all those triggers…….???

I’m not a psyche major or anything and am just thinking out loud here, but am I grasping at straws or do any of you see this as a result of our own actions of political correctness/Dem narrative for controlling the weak minded?

Muslim or not, it’s still terrorism….you could just call this particular one domestic racism terrorism lacking a different label

Things that make me go Hmmmmmmmm….. :whistling:

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:59 am


No Picture

Terrorism & other Man made disasters • Re: 3 dead–Here we go again…Another sanctuary state attac

April 19, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0

My momma always told me CRAZY is as CRAZY does, sir…..

That aside, there really is no figuring out crazy…There is no logic behind the action to begin with so it CAN NOT be explained, but I was trying to ask a question that I must have not got across cleanly…

point being:

In an environment where crazy abounds(anywhere really) don’t you think the local habitat and social narrative of the moment actually will trigger this type of action?

Crazy is easily manipulated. A social narrative of the 99%’ers(we are suppressed and the system is unfair/its never your fault/blame everyone but yourself for life’s woes), followed by media manipulation and programming(Trump is a racist so if he wins elections the entire country is racist….remember were talking crazy here :crazy: ) followed with more media coverage of lone wolf attacks across the world(conditioning), followed by a declaration by local governments stating they will fight rule of law(if they’re doing it, that means its OK to break laws by example), followed by escalating anarchy again pushed by the media narrative(Berkley ring a bell?) which basically triggers CRAZY into action where as they might have just moved on thru life not harming someone else without all those triggers…….???

I’m not a psyche major or anything and am just thinking out loud here, but am I grasping at straws or do any of you see this as a result of our own actions of political correctness/Dem narrative for controlling the weak minded?

Muslim or not, it’s still terrorism….you could just call this particular one domestic racism terrorism lacking a different label

Things that make me go Hmmmmmmmm….. :whistling:

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:59 am


No Picture

Terrorism & other Man made disasters • 3 dead–Here we go again…Another sanctuary state attack.

April 18, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/18/fresno-shooting-spree-3-people-killed-suspect-in-custody.html

So am I wrong to immediately assume one type or another of terrorism since the guys name is Kori Ali Muhammad, 39, and he goes by the nickname “Black Jesus.”?

Even if he was born here, the mentality of terror organizations and what a Sanctuary state stands for, doesn’t that just perpetuate the mindset triggering the attack?

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:47 pm


No Picture

Natural Disasters • Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades…

April 18, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0

Close, but not so close….

Funny how you only hear about the ones they know will miss for sure….Others we’re told about AFTER they pass by…(Like AG13…Look it up if you want)

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017/04/18/mega-asteroid-to-buzz-earth-on-wednesday.html

Here’s a tracking indicator tool but then again, only if they advise you of it…
https://cneos.jpl.nasa.gov/ca/

Just interesting stuff…There’s nothing you could do anyways…lol

in the distance area…..LD is Lunar distance… a 2.0 would be double the distance as the moon…. .5 would be 1/2 the distance as the moon to the earth.

AU is distance to the sun…same applies there.

Happy tracking… :D

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:33 am


No Picture

General Family Preparedness • Re: How do preppers keep from losing their minds?

April 17, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0
AuntBee wrote:
I see the value of collecting all that information, movies, music for long range use. Unless there’s an EMP that fries everything electronic, the next generations might find them useful or educational. The cards are small and take up little room. Maybe you personally will never have time for those files, but your grandchildren might. I think we’re all going to miss the easy access to information via the Internet more than we expect, especially you young whippersnappers. I have many reference books (old librarian), but the aren’t exactly portable or comprehensive.

I second the suggestions about arts and crafts, cards and board games, jigsaw puzzles, musical insreuments, etc. I’d add a good ham radio set up, too.

Aunt Bee

Agreed here, specifically…

There is going to be a serious moral issue that you need to overcome in a transition to a new lifestyle for someone not already living off-grid now and for our children as well as the intrinsic value of an item like OP has mentioned for ourselves/families….Even though there’s going to be so much to do like others have stated here, there will be downtime and during a transition that downtime is going to be critical to help with the “minds egg” not cracking. We are preparing and understand the issues and are committed to them. the people around us, not so much…..They are going to need help with the transition and a small creature comfort from the past will “Keep the eggs from scrambling”.

Board games will only go so far in the beginning, especially for the young….Even if you tell them that this special gadget will not be here forever, having one for the transition, one for how-to knowledge, a barter item with unimaginable value for the unprepared being pre-loaded, or as aunt bee so wisely puts it for future educational purposes, will be worth its weight in gold for future generations if taken care of properly.

OP, you have an excellent idea but I would caution you on a phone as the only item to access the cards…smart phones these days seem to fail within 2-3 years being designed to always require an upgrade.

We covered something very similar in a thread where I discussed this for a BOB since the entire Library of Congress can fit on this device with the cards you mention….In SHTF, you cant take an entire library with you. in SHTF you will not be traveling 50, 100, 500 miles to go “check out a book” ;) …. the EMP basics were covered here too.

http://americanpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=55208

However you do it, I personally think it is a HUGE idea….Barter item alone, this will be almost priceless for those left behind especially after an EMP let alone any other grid down situation.

~D

.

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:28 am


No Picture

Okie’s Law • Re: How do preppers keep from losing their minds?

April 17, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0
AuntBee wrote:
I see the value of collecting all that information, movies, music for long range use. Unless there’s an EMP that fries everything electronic, the next generations might find them useful or educational. The cards are small and take up little room. Maybe you personally will never have time for those files, but your grandchildren might. I think we’re all going to miss the easy access to information via the Internet more than we expect, especially you young whippersnappers. I have many reference books (old librarian), but the aren’t exactly portable or comprehensive.

I second the suggestions about arts and crafts, cards and board games, jigsaw puzzles, musical insreuments, etc. I’d add a good ham radio set up, too.

Aunt Bee

Agreed here, specifically…

There is going to be a serious moral issue that you need to overcome in a transition to a new lifestyle for someone not already living off-grid now and for our children as well as the intrinsic value of an item like OP has mentioned for ourselves/families….Even though there’s going to be so much to do like others have stated here, there will be downtime and during a transition that downtime is going to be critical to help with the “minds egg” not cracking. We are preparing and understand the issues and are committed to them. the people around us, not so much…..They are going to need help with the transition and a small creature comfort from the past will “Keep the eggs from scrambling”.

Board games will only go so far in the beginning, especially for the young….Even if you tell them that this special gadget will not be here forever, having one for the transition, one for how-to knowledge, a barter item with unimaginable value for the unprepared being pre-loaded, or as aunt bee so wisely puts it for future educational purposes, will be worth its weight in gold for future generations if taken care of properly.

OP, you have an excellent idea but I would caution you on a phone as the only item to access the cards…smart phones these days seem to fail within 2-3 years being designed to always require an upgrade.

We covered something very similar in a thread where I discussed this for a BOB since the entire Library of Congress can fit on this device with the cards you mention….In SHTF, you cant take an entire library with you. in SHTF you will not be traveling 50, 100, 500 miles to go “check out a book” ;) …. the EMP basics were covered here too.

http://americanpreppersnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=55208

However you do it, I personally think it is a HUGE idea….Barter item alone, this will be almost priceless for those left behind especially after an EMP let alone any other grid down situation.

~D

.

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:28 am


No Picture

Guns • Re: Handgun recommendation requested

April 13, 2017 DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE 0
AuntBee wrote:
Thank you all very much for all the advice! I agree that try before you buy is the best way to go, but NY keeps you in a headlock until you get your permit. A local range has a ton of firearms you can rent for an hour or so to try them out, but they can’t do that until you have your @!3&% permit. The guy I have as a teacher is not going to risk his teaching license, so there we are.

What I want is a starter gun. I know a .22 doesn’t have a lot of stopping power unless you’re a great marksman or get lucky, but it’s also more likely to be acceptable to a judge who doesn’t think wimmin folk should have guns. I thought that judge had been replaced, but he’s still there. It’d be my luck to get that one. :x

Don’t you all wish you lived in New York? Wait til Hillary runs for Mayor!

Aunt Bee
Has no one to blame but herself

LOL….WOW! Holy cow!!!

And I thought I had it bad here! I had no idea…… A permit needed to even TRY a gun at a shooting range!!!?????!?! Holy poopers….Heck, even here in CA you can try anything you want as long as you bring a friend with you at most places, some don’t even make you do that. (suicide deterrent…Less likely to do it in front of a friend I guess)

We have an entire country between the two of us AuntBee and I really want to flee this state, maybe you should do the same….We could meet somewhere in the middle maybe. :rofl:

WoW Weeee….Good luck.

Statistics: Posted by DR1VENbyKNOWLEDGE — Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:35 am